cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

I am almost at the end of my 18 month contract for Fibre 65 and can honestly say I don't feel it has been any better than Fibre 35. Whenever I check my connection and speed I usually get the message there is an error and you are not getting your guaranteed speed of 39Mbps. I'm sure I got that with Fibre 35!  My iphone frequently says its cannot connect to the server.  There is 1 mobile, a laptop and 2 tv's connected to the wi-fi. I don't think this would be considered excessive especially as not all consecutively. I have tried speaking to agents who have done lots of tests but whatever updates they do only seems to last momentarily. I did get a new router with help from the community (thank you!) and although this did seem to help initially unfortunately most of the time I don't seem to be getting the guaranteed speed.

It's not a big problem but it is annoying as feel I'm getting sub-standard service to what I was promised. Not expecting you to sort problem - just having a moan!

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Thank you. Yes, the microfilter is also needed to connect the router at the test socket. If you can't find it then please let us know and we'll send you one out.

Michelle

0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

Thanks Gliwmaeden2! 

Hi Michelle

I think a micro filter was in box with router. Will find it and get back to you. 

IMG_1087.jpeg

Photo when router was connected to test line. If nothing else I now know I have a test line and how to access it! Every day is a school day!

Thanks

Dee

Message 3 of 19

Hi,

No, we can only see posts on the Community. You can post the photo here but just make sure it doesn't contain as personal details such as wifi passwords, etc.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

The emails you receive are from a No Reply address, @dollydee.

Staff don't receive them, so always post back in the thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 19

Hi Michelle

I replied to your email with photo but not sure if I should have sent reply from here. 
Will re-send if you don’t get it. 
Dee

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Dee,

Yes of course, that's fine. Some faceplates have a built in filter but when connecting at the test socket then a separate microfilter is required. If you don't have a spare microfilter then please let us know and we can send you one.

Michelle

0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 19

Hi Michelle

Thank you very much for trying to help. Router still didn’t connect to internet. Is the micro filter in built in these sockets? There is something that looks like a filter. We were told we didn’t need a micro filter for this type of socket. I will send photo.

I had to re-fit face plate as I’m waiting for an important phone call on my landline from a hospital. 

Is it ok if I get back to you later? Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Dee

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Is the router connected to the test socket with a microfilter? Are you able to post a photo of the router at the test socket please?

Michelle

0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 19

no it is still flashing orange. Powered off and back on again but still flashing orange. 

Dee

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Thanks for confirming. Has the router now connnected ok? Can you use the internet now?

Michelle

0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 19

think so! Have put it in socket behind face plate. 

Dee

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Is the router now connected to the test socket behind the faceplate?

Michelle

0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 19

Hi Michelle

have removed face plate. On mobile data now - hoping it will work as only getting E network. 

Dee

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Dee,

Thanks for confirming. This type of socket does have a test socket. Please can you gently remove the faceplate (there may be wires connected to the back so do this gently) and can a microfilter, router and phone at the test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 19

Hi Michelle

it is a NTE5C MK4. 

thanks 

Dee

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi Dee,

Does your main socket look like the below? Which socket do you have please?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

dollydee
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Hi Michelle

i don’t think I have a test socket. It has two ports - one for router and one for phone. 

thanks

Dee

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Hi dollydee,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed is varying and I can see re-connections on the line. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes