cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre250 speed halved

speedzilla
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I've been getting consistent download speeds (320 Mbps) and upload speeds (48 Mbps) for 2.5 years. But since Friday Oct. 6th the download speed dropped to 140 Mbps. The upload speed remains 48 Mbps.

Tested a wired connection straight to the router, so eliminating any WiFi issues. There was no change in my setup. I tried rebooting the Openreach modem and my router to no avail. It just looks as if my line has been capped to a lower speed all of a sudden. Logged into my TT account and it's showing "missing data" since "incident Friday". See screenshot.

Any advice?

TT account speedsTT account speeds

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi speedzilla

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Michelle, thanks for the speedy response.

I already restarted everything before the first contact but admittedly only for 10 mins.

I didn't think a 30mins period will change anything, but did that just now and amazingly I'm back to full line speeds.

Surprised but thankful.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear and the sync speed looks very consistent. Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down both the Openreach modem and router for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speeds again? Do you see the same speeds on more than one device?

Thanks

Michelle