cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full Fibre 900 (City Fibre)

OSW34
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I got Full Fibre 900 installed at the end of January and have been lucky to get speeds of 170Mb.  Every time I do a Connection Test it says there is a problem with the line but when you log in the next day for an update it starts the whole process again. Spoke to someone on the chat and there answer was "we'll give you a 2nd eero", but the problem isn't wifi coverage, it's the connection speed coming in to the house. Anyone any ideas how I can get this sorted as the customer service is non-existent?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

OK thanks for trying that. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

Message 2 of 12

Off and back on, Speedtest now sitting at 94.75 download and 94.54 upload. Ran on Laptop with gigabit connection to Eero

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi OSW34,

Thanks for that. Your profile looks correct so could you switch the ONT off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. If there's no improvement please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Details added Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi OSW34,

Can you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll take a look at this for you

Chris

Message 6 of 12

Used the cable that came with the Eero, tried a Cat6 cable as well.  Multiple devices tried all with decent connection speeds to the eero wired and wifi. It's as if there's a limit on the speed.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

OK. Check that your ethernet cable is at least Cat5e, or better. And that your device supports a gigabit connection. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Wouldn't go above 94mb going straight into the ONT. Plugged the Eero back in and going through ethernet port or wifi sitting around 160mb.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Yes, the LAN port, bypassing the router, give it a go.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Is that as simple as plugging straight into ethernet port on ONT?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Have you checked with an ethernet connection directly to the ONT, with a laptop?? 

0 Likes