cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Full Fibre Fault Chaos

BrianO
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have been dealing with 4 different TalkTalk customer service agents for 1 week since reporting an ONT box fault which has left me with no broadband or home phone. It is extremely annoying that every time you call TalkTalk customer service you cannot get through to the Full Fibre team directly and waste a lot of time talking to an non fibre agent before being passed onto to the Full Fibre Team. I was informed last Monday City Fibre would investigate the reported fault on Tuesday morning between 8.00-1.00pm on their exchange and if the fault was not rectified at the exchange an engineer would call to my property for further investigation. The fault was not rectified and no engineer visited. I phoned Tuesday afternoon to complain about the failed visit and the  agent said City Fibre had not updated TalkTalk regarding the current situation. The agent then re booked another city Fibre engineer appointment for yesterday afternoon between 1.00pm and 6.00pm and again no engineer called to my property. I have now raised a formal complaint with TalkTalk regarding this appalling lack of City Fibre fault assistance to resolve my connection fault. Am I able to claim any compensation for engineer appointment no show please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thank you for your advice on compensation, much appreciated.

Message 2 of 7

That's great news Brian, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your email, yes Cityfibre called earlier this morning and fixed the fault within 10 minutes, fault was caused by loose wire not correctly inserted into junction box on the outside wall of my property so all good now.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi Brian,

You appear to have an internet connection at the moment, is everything OK at your end?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

@BrianO

Details of automatic compensation are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

If the no show qualifies, it should be allocated automatically in about a month, but (particularly with Cityfibre) may need to be chased up in the billing section. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Brian,

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number or Account number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes