cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

House move into existing TalkTalk home

Cmburger
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

New customer moving into a flat where the prior owner was a TalkTalk customer.  Scheduled new service to begin on move in date of 6th Oct.  On the first day I logged into my account to see that my order was of status "Rejected".  Fortunately the prior owner was super kind and left the existing router and connection up as he was paid through the 16th.

I reached out to customer service over chat and was told the "Rejected Status" was a 'website bug' (first lie) and from his view everything was "just fine".  He said I needed to do nothing (second lie) and I could simply wait and the prior owner's router and the connection would just switch over on the 16th with no disruption of service (third lie).

So here I am, 3:25 in the morning, exactly 3 hours and 25 minutes after my Internet connection went out at exactly 12am on the 16th.  Where is customer service in my time of need you ask?  Well, they don't start until 9am, nevermind that my work starts at 8am but I know how important it is to sleep well when your day consists of telling customers dibs in order to pump customer service rankings.

This company is broken, if you are fortunate enough to read this prior to signing up, save yourself the trouble.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Cmburger

Thanks for your post, sorry that you are having problems.

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

You'd need to leave the router off for a minimum of 30 minutes for there to be a hope of a new session from the exchange, @Cmburger.

Otherwise, wait for staff to reach your thread before posting further. It's in a queue for attention, but we'll delay it's progress with further messages. 

You must add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Also worth checking if the phone line is working. If you plug in a landline, do you get a dialing tone? If you dial 17070 does it read back the number you are expecting?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Cmburger
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Quick update, so far this morning has been a continuation of the same.  Customer service was very friendly and were there to help until they told me that I need to ignore the Order Rejected status in the dashboard and my Internet was active and I should reboot my router which of course didn't do anything.  Then I was told it was going to be activated today and I should just wait for that to happen and kindly go away.  I asked to escalate and they dropped me.  Now my chat sits idle with nobody responding.

So far, NOTHING anyone at this company has told me is accurate.  Unbelievable.

Going to reach out to CISAS.  This is the result of bonusing customer service satisfaction scores, you get reps that just tell you anything to get you off the line happy.

0 Likes