cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Huawei-DG8041W router not connecting to some smart devices

Alexc53
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

My Huawei-DG8041W router works fine for most things, but there are some smart devices it doesn't connect or configure. I managed to connect a smart thermostat by diabling the 2.4Ghz and then enabling it, but it then kicks it off at the first opportunity. I've tried renaming the 5ghz to separate them and tried diabling it but nothing is working. Any help much appreciated.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to hear that this is now working.

If you no longer need the new router then please can you return this using the pre paid returns bag.

Debbie

0 Likes

Alexc53
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie, 

Yes the router has arrived thanks. Just before it arrived I managed to connect my device by disabling, re-enabling 2.4ghz,  connecting, and then reserving the IP address. As it is working at the moment I'm reluctant to change anything. If I decide not to bother trying the new router, do you need me to post it back? 

Alex 

Message 3 of 9
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Alexc53

Thank you 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

Alexc53
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

I have now added the details. Thanks 

Message 6 of 9

Hi Alexc53

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send the router.

Thanks again.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Alexc53
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi Debbie, yes that would be good thanks. I take it you have my details to send the router to? 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Alexc53

Would you like me to send a Sagemcom WIFI hub to see how the connection compares?

0 Likes