cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Intermittent Full Fibre connection

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 34 of 34

The fibre connction has been lost most days over the past ten days from around 12:00 noon until the evening. The fibre connection box has flashing red light and router orange light on when off. It has been off this weekend completely since Friday evening. 

Regards

Terry

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33

Message 21 of 34

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Have you tried powering down the ONT and then retesting this again? If it's still the same then I can ask our faults team.

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin1941
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 22 of 34

Good morning

Yes the connection is working OK, but the Broadband light on the fibre box is flashing red, which according to the TalkTalk instructions mean the connection to the network cannot be made? Does this mean the box is faulty, or should I simply ignore this light?

Thanks

2023-02-15_080011.jpg

Acceptance - Kindness - Understanding
0 Likes

Message 23 of 34

Morning,

Apologies for the confusion, did you mean to say that you are connected at the moment? Is your connection now working ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 24 of 34

Hi again

I haven't heard from "City Fibre" but I am now connected at the moment, the Broadband red light is flashing, what does this mean?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 34

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin1941
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 26 of 34

Hi Michelle

I have been in touch with a TalkTalk Full Fibre engineer, who has raised a ticket with City Fibre who seem to be the cause of the loss of connection. They have 72 hours to rectify the situation evidently.

Many thanks

Terry

Acceptance - Kindness - Understanding
0 Likes

Message 27 of 34

Morning,

Have you been contacted since my last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 28 of 34

Many thanks Michelle .

0 Likes

Message 29 of 34

Morning,

Ok, I've passed this over to our Faults Team and have asked them to take a look and I will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 30 of 34

I haven't been in contact today, but yesterday I did chat to an engineer who couldn't help, I cannot access My Account, because my email login is not recognised.

Regards

Terry

0 Likes

Message 31 of 34

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Can I just confirm, have you been in contact with our Future Fibre Team today? If not then I will pass this over to the team and ask them to look into this further.

Thanks

0 Likes

merlin19411
Participant
Private Message
Message 32 of 34

Morning

The one marked Broadband is flashing red now, and has been since Friday. City Fibre have been working in the area, so I put it down to something they were doing to the network?

Thanks

merlin19411_0-1676275780602.jpeg

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 33 of 34

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, is your connection still down since your last post? Which light is red on the ONT box please?

Thanks

0 Likes