cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Internet connection upload speed

BMYur
Team Player
Private Message
Message 58 of 58

I have upload speed of only 9 Mbps, although download speed is 50 Mbps. Why it is so small and how to increase it?

0 Likes
57 REPLIES 57

Message 41 of 58

What is DLM? What does it stand for?

0 Likes

Message 42 of 58

Hi,

I've included a Help Guide below. Can I just confirm, what you mean by the phone cable is cut off?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Message 43 of 58

How to know if my main socket has a test socket? Also my phone cable is cut off so I can not use it

0 Likes

Message 44 of 58

Morning,

Does your main socket have a test socket? If it does then it would be worth testing the router and phone directly at the test socket and if possible using a different microfilter, to see if DLM makes any changes to the speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 45 of 58

Thank you for confirmation of line test. Also my question is how can I increase my upload speed (which is 8-9 Mbps).  Because it is not enough for me

0 Likes

Message 46 of 58

Hi BMYur,

Line test is passing and your sync speed appears to be well above the predicted range for your line, so all looks good

Chris

0 Likes

Message 47 of 58

The phone number should be safe enough in the ordinary Personal Information area if you put it there and saved changes, @BMYur.

Staff will find your account number anyway, in Private Notes, as long as the information is saved there too (it's private, so only accessible to you and staff).

The main thing is that you have removed your phone number from public display. 😊😊😊

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, for staff to check back during the day. Keep an eye out for their response, @BMYur.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 48 of 58

I removed my phone number from my signature and other personal information.

Also I added the account number in Private Notes section.

What is next?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 58

@BMYur, please remove your phone number from your signature. It is displayed in the public posts. 

You can see your phone number if you follow my instructions from Wednesday and add it in as explained in my instructions. 

If you go to the end of that Personal Information section, there's a box for Private Notes. Add the account number in there. Save Changes. 

It doesn't matter if you put the phone number where the account number should be or vice versa. What matters is that these must not be displayed in public posts.

0 Likes

Message 50 of 58

Hello, no. I see only Account number: and Phone number: Which one of them is it?

0 Likes

Message 51 of 58

Hi BMYur

Can you see your TalkTalk landline number when you log in My Account?

0 Likes

Message 52 of 58

When you use Service Status Dashboard and click through to My Connection, your landline phone number is shown.

Similarly you can view it in My Account. 

There's a slot for that in Personal Information, when you go via your avatar/name; settings etc. (See my earlier reply).

You may have successfully completed your community forum profile details and saved changes, @BMYur.

I can't tell, as I don't have access. You need to put your landline number in where required, not a mobile number at that point.

0 Likes

Message 53 of 58

What is TalkTalk landline number and where should I add it?

0 Likes

Message 54 of 58

Ok thank you. I think I have package "Fibre 65". And as I can see I have 26 pounds monthly payment

0 Likes

Message 55 of 58

Hi BMYur

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 56 of 58

Hi BMYur

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 57 of 58

That's not a bad ratio, @BMYur.

What package are you on?

Staff will be back after the weekend. Please make sure that you have added your Talktalk landline number  / account number in your community forum profile for them to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

I have moved your duplicate post out of the way.