cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Lies by Talk Talk telephone staff

hennaboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

I would ideally love to upgrade but apparently, I cannot. Full fibre is from what I have been told is for new customers only. 

I am sure there are no doubt persons here who can say otherwise but that is what I have been informed. I cannot have it it's only available to me as a new customer.

Can I actually get full fibre? Yes. Openreach checks out. Yes, I can have full fibre up to 900mb. Talktalk checks if it is available online and by telephone using their system. Yes, I can have Full Fibre. 

Can I order it? No, its not available for you as that would be an upgrade and its only available for new customers only.

Over three weeks ago I decided to call in after an online support op said it would be best to call to discuss why this is not available as a current customer.

Having spent an hour on the phone being bumped around from one department to another I was informed by someone that I would within two weeks be getting an installation date and that I would indeed be upgraded to Full Fibre 150 and after that should I wish to upgrade from there I would be able to do so. This upgrade would of course also be free without any part contract cancellation fees for going from one service to another.

Have I heard anything? Of course not.

Was the entire conversation a pack of lies? I believe so.

What is my option here? Call in again and get bumped from one person to another to another until I get someone willing to spout a whole bunch of lies just so that I feel satisfied?

Is that the level of customer service from Talk Talk? If so then I am more than prepared to pay early cancellation fees and head over to another provider.

But should I be liable for cancellation fees? After all, if Talktalk is willing to say blatant lies to customers then I should be able to cancel the contract without any penalty at all.

Im sure Talktalk wont see it like that but I will be damned if I am just going to be quiet about this.

As it stands Talktalk is like most other internet technology based providers you get what you pay for and Talktalk is cheap and therefore treats their customers cheaply.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

with situations like this unfortunately its a case of waiting for our systems to update to acknowledge that full fibre is available to existing customers .

0 Likes

hennaboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Yet it is. If I go with BT as confirmed by Openreach.

It is available if I were a new Talktalk customer. 

I have discussed the issue with speed with customer service with more lies and no resolution which is the normal for Talk Talk.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

FTTP is still not available, Sorry.   

Have you logged a fault with the Broadband team for slow speeds?

0 Likes

hennaboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 11

Date now 12/01/24

Have I had an update. No

Any plans to upgrade to full fibre. No

Still being lied to. Yes

Is my FTTC a pile of rubbish. Yes I pay for 65 get less than 40

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

We are pushing all our customers onto Full Fibre as the copper network is being phased out, The agent on the phone will have given you the most recent information they have, they are not intentionally lying to you, Unfortunately there has obviously been a delay which is still ongoing.   

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Except that

The telephone operator that I was eventually passed to after an hour stated that my service WOULD be upgraded. That I WOULD receive an install date within 2 weeks.

Has that happened NO. So it let me get back to how I was lied to.

If your system cannot upgrade customers then surely you should have resolved this by now. It has been over 12 months since the last time I spoke to someone about getting an upgrade and was told it couldn't be done (again was available for new customers).

Or is this more a support person telling me something that I could perhaps wish to hear and its actually not true?

I see there is a lot of TalkTalk community fans here. Sorry if this is upsetting to you all but I am not here for your self gratification.

There is serious flaws in the customer service at Talk Talk. It needs to be addressed I am not prepared to be a paying customer and to be constantly lied to.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi hennaboy

The issue (which is our problem) is that our systems haven't updated yet to allow the switch to full fibre for existing customers in some areas we are aware and are working on it.   

We know its frustrating, and can only apologize.  

hennaboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Also adding new customers is easier is utter nonsense

The fibre is there open reach have confirmed that

The customer advisor said I would have a date for install in two weeks

Nothing

Telephone operators told to lie to customers

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

In reality if someone says that the service is there available but to new customers only and that you will be able to have it in a two week window and that does not occur

It's a lie

You can roll that in glitter as much as you wish but it's a lie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

@hennaboy, it's probably relatively easy for them to add new customers as they are starting from scratch, usually, with the installation. 

The switch for current customers can be a messy mix of copper leave behind / data only / downtime if you need to add VOIP later..... not easy for some customers and, frankly, probably a complete headache for those having to run it.

All because we all have to eventually dance to the tune of evermore internet activity, faster speeds and the old infrastructure eventually becoming or being made obsolete.

The fact is that you will have to be upgraded sometime, so it's a matter of when, not if.

There's only so many orders that can be processed (in conjunction with the availability of engineers, Openreach  / CityFibre etc) at one time.

In reality they are not lying - they are simply saying it's not yet available. 

Talktalk may even offer you a free upgrade, as they have done when it suits their schedule for switching people over. People pay the old contract amount till that contract expires.

If you need to set the agenda sooner, you'd be likely to have to pay a fee to upgrade. You'd also be more likely to be paying more per month than before. 

Possibly better in the long run to wait for them to come knocking and offer you a more favourable deal.

If you do want to get in touch with them again, use Chat to keep a record of the promises. It should thereby be easier to chase up should they not materialise. 

You can only leave without penalty at the end of a contract or after giving Talktalk several weeks to try to sort faults that they then are unable to resolve. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes