cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Loss of connection (“provisioning issue”)

mrb97
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Hi,

Please can TT update me regarding the issue of total loss of internet connectivity with my FTTC 65 service since late September?

29th Sept internet went off, HG633 has only power and wifi leds lit, broadband and internet leds off. Router log says: “DSL connection” is inactive and “

WAN connection INTERNET_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)”

Purchased a 4G sim to get internet data and check and report fault but TT connection had come back on by then. Internet was then ok then until 04th Oct.

04 Oct internet connection went off, same missing broadband and internet leds on HG633, similarly with a TT Sagemcom wifi hub, no internet, only solid amber led.

Using 4G I logged into TT account and did a line test, which seemed to suggest a fault, REP-13461640 that soon said it was fixed, however no change at my end.

05 Oct spent 3.5!!! hours in chat on this issue being repeatedly transfered back/forward and back again between technical / full fibre order management / copper line and value teams.

From what I gather the problem was stated as a “provisioning issue” as my copper FTTC line has somehow has had internet removed from it, something to do with a full fibre order (but I have not placed one?) I requested the copper FTTC line be reactivated as that ought to be the quickest and easiest option. Although there was a change on Oct 06th of broadband and internet leds coming back on the HG633, the internet led has remained red and I still have no connection. 

Past week when I’ve repeatedly tried performing line tests and each time it says: “we thing there’s an issue with your line” and I get a new REP fault reference number but nothing is fixed.

Please can I be advised if or when this is going to be fixed? I’ve already spend a lot of time troubleshooting, chat and even just getting into the “my account” area ofen says “we’ve run into a problem”, plus money on payg 4G sim cards to do so.

Thanks for reading and any advice and assistance.

AA050EEB-74E8-41B2-8EF0-245769E68ED9.png130BC97A-C6A4-4D42-B417-E6C18FD486AA.png5F6AA932-DD94-4EFD-A6E3-D39C3658CA4B.png33C6E699-3BEA-4F75-9291-CA27EC850B16.jpeg838CA6BA-954E-4B41-AD28-4420DF3DAEFA.png48EC9F71-274E-46A1-9E62-F60217E41580.pngBC9351FC-2567-4B47-A95F-1B495C5161F5.png
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Magorahog,

If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

I hear you @Magorahog 

Short answer,  no not really. Followed @Chris-TalkTalk ‘s advice to phone and after some to and fro between departments, I did get through as I requested to loyalty team, and also live chat to billing.

Loyalty said there was the possiblity of keeping my old internet service and landline number but only by recontracting onto a new FTTC 65 product, effectively like a new customer porting in. FTTC only as they told no FTTP was available at my address as apparently not in a full fibre area, which is very strange as this whole extremely disappointing affair started from an deferred unwanted automatic upgrade due to FTTP/full fibre becoming available!

Also, no mention of auto-compensation or any goodwill gesture for what is in effect a complete failure of TT systems to communicate with the CF system, why bother offering a reschedule option on appointment email if it doesn’t also reschedule the copper “cease”?? Especially as it couldn’t be clearer in the new appointment email that existing service will carry on until upgrade is complete.

All I wanted was service restored, but don’t want to be forced into a lengthy new contract (or have to “buy” out of it early @£10-odd for each remaining month) to do so, especially on a poor FTTC line here (increasingly impacted from crosstalk, syncs @ about half what it did 8 years ago). 

As for outstanding balance, eventually billing dept live chat just said it was for period of October, which if I look at my last available bill, this period would be 10th October onwards, as I’ve had no service since 4th Oct that seems rather a state, money for no service, also my DD mandate still remains untouched and in place @bank so surely TT can collect at their leisure if they wish?

I have regrettably therefore had little choice but to attempt a migration to a new provider, though I’m quite sure my landline number will be lost and fail to be ported across as it says “disconnected” in my TT account area.

It’s simply too time-consuming going around in circles to try and sort things here, I’ve wasted countless hours and now 4x £15 or more sims to cover this unexpected - and totally avoidable - loss of service. Having now seen quite a few similar reports on the forum here, it’s not exactly unheard of either so I’d have hoped something to quickly restore service, landline number and previous contracted or non-contracted state ought the be on offer at a minimum but unfortunately it appears not.

Message 3 of 18

Did you get this sorted, I have the same problem?

0 Likes

Magorahog
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

I have the same issues, Did you get it sorted?

0 Likes

Magorahog
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 18

Did this get resolved, as I have the exact same problems with talktalk?

0 Likes

Magorahog
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

Did this get resolved, as I have exactly the same problem?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

I don't know for sure but I would think that we can get it back for you as they aren't immediately reallocated. The loyalty team should be able to advise about this when you place the order

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Okay @Chris-TalkTalk so yes or no my landline number has been lost?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi mrb97,

I've checked again and your service is now showing disconnected on our billing system so you would need to sign up again as though you are starting a new service

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

@Chris-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi mrb97,

When the order is placed for Full Fibre a cease order is placed for the old service to cease sometime after the full fibre service go live date, usually more than long enough to cover any unforeseen circumstances. The two orders aren't linked so if the Full Fibre order is delayed for an extended period of time and the cease order isn't manually cancelled then this scenario can unfortunately occasionally happen.

Thank you once again for your reply @Chris-TalkTalk .

Regarding the above, I personally didn’t place a Full Fibre order as it was an unwanted automatic migration with no easy option to cancel, only to defer - which I did. Even in the new appointment confirmation email it states: “Your current broadband and landline will continue to work until your Full Fibre with digital voice upgrade is complete.”

Additionally, I received an email later on same day from TT stating “…to stay on your existing service… you don’t have to do anything at all”. So obviously had no idea a service “cease” was at play.

@Chris-TalkTalk wrote:

Yes I think you would need to completely cancel and place a new order as we won't be able to reinstate your old service.

Automatic compensation should still apply even though it will be a new contract

Chris

Please can you confim I even have an active account and landline to re-contract or migrate from right now?, it’s frustrating and totally confusing to see it state line disconnected but provide a button to recontract a non-existing internet service on the same page.

Also, it seems TT have failed to collect yesterday’s DD, despite it still being active at the bank. Of course I will have to settle the outstanding balance but seems just wrong to be paying for, at best, just a reservation hold on landline number, or worst, for nothing at all! 

Thanks for reading.

0911C0F2-51DC-4B5C-A679-0A1DCBDC1C1B.pngE9B418CA-085D-45A8-9D43-9DE860BCFED9.png

2004FC1B-2C71-4384-AD64-E2DCAA2934CD.png

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi mrb97,

When the order is placed for Full Fibre a cease order is placed for the old service to cease sometime after the full fibre service go live date, usually more than long enough to cover any unforeseen circumstances. The two orders aren't linked so if the Full Fibre order is delayed for an extended period of time and the cease order isn't manually cancelled then this scenario can unfortunately occasionally happen.

Yes I think you would need to completely cancel and place a new order as we won't be able to reinstate your old service.

Automatic compensation should still apply even though it will be a new contract

Chris

Message 12 of 18

Thanks for your reply Chris.  Unless something has changed since my previous 3.5+hrs in chat, I have already been through to Loyalty/Value team regarding this issue.

As chat the transcript never arrived via email, I cannot tell you the exact words but I believe it was to the effect that as I am still an active TT customer, with an active account and product, (albeit unprovisioned at the exchange LL) then only by effectively completely cancelling my account and starting a fresh new one with an eg FTTC order (and therefore a new contactual period starts - I am very long out of contract presently) can service be restored, also no guarantee of keeping landline number plus this two-week and counting total loss of service auto compensation as mentioned in that chat and by @Gliwmaeden2 is most likely only tied to my 8-year-old existing account and so any potential compensation wouldn’t apply?

I’m still confused why both the broadband/vdsl signal and Internet leds went out and remained out on HG633 (as if “unplugged” at exchange/cabinet) but then a day after the chat session the vdsl signal (broadband led) has come back on but still have a permanently red Internet led, it’s like OR have restored their part but the TT Internet part hasn’t or cannot be restored because the TT system possibly mistakenly thinks the forced migration to CF FTTP was completed. 

So… I will have to have a think about things before my 3rd £15 20gb data sim runs out, currently part-way through the 2nd one, but probably this half-complete forced auto migration to CF FTTP will mean I will be forced to transfer elsewhere to access any fixed-line internet.

Thanks for reading and taking a look @Chris-TalkTalk 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi mrb97,

I'm sorry about this, it appears that an order was going through to give you an upgrade to Future Fibre but for some reason the order has been delayed but the cease for your existing service wasn't cancelled and that's why you have no service now

Our provisioning team have advised that you will need to contact our Loyalty team, they can cancel the delayed Future Fibre order and place a new order for FTTC. You can contact our Loyalty team here - Cancel your TalkTalk service - TalkTalk Help & Support

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've asked our provisioning team to take a look at this, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

mrb97
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

It’s now over two weeks straight without internet connection. Please TT could you advise. Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi mrb97,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can look into this further

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

@mrb97, after this is all resolved, automatic compensation should be calculated if you've had a continuous period of loss of service. It takes about a month to show up:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Meanwhile, your thread is in the queue for attention. Please check back for a response from staff during the day. 

Does the landline still work or sound crackly or no dial tone at all?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.