cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Loss of internet

theukchamp
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 38

Hi,

I hope you can help me, I suddenly lost internet connection around 11am today, my phone line is working, I then rebooted my modem and eero router and when it's still not working I went on live chat and it's been over 4 hours now I keep getting passed around by different departments, I even tried calling and when selecting the technical support only for the machine to say sorry the offices are closed...

I have tried connecting a WiFi hub to try and get support but again now transferred to fibre full team which pass me to cooper team and round again I have stated that I had this same issue before but it gets ignored and passed around.

Previous issue which was fixed on Talk talk side

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/No-internet-connection/td-p/2828061

Can you please help me to resolve this issue as it's something from TalkTalk side.

Thank you

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Hi @theukchamp 

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 38

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for checking, the connection has been fine.

Thanks

Message 3 of 38

Good morning,

Just checking back in to see how your connection has been?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 38
0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

Hi Debbie,

Yes I received the router, I will test it if I have the same issue again, I will send my old one back.

Thanks

Message 6 of 38

HI @theukchamp 

Did you receive/test with the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 38

You wouldn't be charged for a new router if it's a fault replacement. I would test with the new router while it's being sent anyway, and just send the old one back

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 38

Just received a notification from Yodel to say my TalkTalk parcel is on the way, I told the agent I did not want a new router as there is nothing wrong with mine, what do I do as I don't want to be charged for the router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 38

Hi Chris,

No the telephone line is always working when I check that.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 38

Hi theukchamp,

Have you noticed if your telephone service goes down at the same time that you lose Internet access? 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 38

Hi Michelle,

There are no engineering works outside which im aware of, the main issue for me is when I lose connection it happens randomly in 2-3 months and on a Friday night or Saturday morning and I have no support to help me as your team are not available on the weekend and TalkTalk support are never able to help me as they say im a trial customer im using eero which they don't support on cooper line, etc, please take sometime to go through my previous logged cases to understand how frustrating it is for me to not receive any support when I experience an issue. I always find Monday early morning the issue gets resolved.

so just to recap it don't happen every weekend but when it does it gets restored early Mondays with no fault of my equipment.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 38

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see a huge number of re-connections over the weekend and then the connection started to stabilse again. Did you notice if there were any engineering works being carried out outside over the weekend? I'll re-check your connection stats again on Monday morning. If the same thing has happened again then I'll escalate this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

theukchamp
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 38

Hi,

I always get told im a talktalk trials customer, but as I mentioned before I get told to select support from the Eero app and get routed to Talktalk support and waste a few hours.

I have also renewed my contract few times as I have been a Talktalk customer for a very long time (Tiscali days) so how come I am still classified as a trial customer instead of a Fibre customer?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 38

Hi @theukchamp 

You are a trial customer? Are you in contact with our Trials Team?

0 Likes

theukchamp
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 38

Hi Debbie,

It last happened in March 2024 as looking at this thread and few times before that, whenever I contact support I let them know that this has happened before and its a TalkTalk issue but they don't listen and just follow a script, then they mention im a talktalk trial customer and need to contact eero support only for the link to go back to Talktalks website and go around in circles again. I have to buy a data sim everytime it happens as my kids watch YouTube and I don't get compensated for this or get the required support I need to resolve the issue.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 38

Hi @theukchamp 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Does the connection stop working every Friday and Saturday night?

0 Likes

theukchamp
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 38

My internet has come back now during the night, whenever this problem happens it happens on a Friday or Saturday night then i'm without internet all weekend as contacting support they are no help at all this can be verified with my cases logged by them.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 38

It's been a while, so I have re-escalated this to the support team. They will be back online on Monday.

0 Likes

theukchamp
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 38

Hi,

This has happened again last night around 10:30pm, I chatted to support who were no help as usual, I had switched off the router for 40 minutes then switched back on but still have no internet, hope you can help. I would guess its some authentication or DHCP issue.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 38

Hi again,

Ok thanks for confirming and I'm glad to hear this. If this does happen again then please let us know.

Thanks

Michelle