FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 23 of 23

Hi,

I hope you can help I tried live chat and calling but not much help. My internet went down since Saturday night and I have tried rebooting the router, even replaced the router but still same problem.

The openreach modem DSL light keeps flashing then goes off then repeats this, I have left the modem and router off for hours and turned it on with the same problem, please can this be fixed?

Thank you

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi

Not sure what caused the issue, but glad it's fixed for you.

We would not be able to compensate you for your purchase of a data sim.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 23

Any idea what the issue was so in future I can let live chat know? Also will I be compensated for the outage? I went out to buy a data sim only for my internet to start working 10 minutes later.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

OK, no problem, glad to hear that it's working now 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 23

Hi Chris,

My internet has started working now as Talktalk enginner fixed their end, Please do not book the engineer visit

Thank you

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 23

Hi Chris,

The replacement router was requested by live chat as they think its the router when I have tried other routers too.

I just recieved a email to say an engineer has fixed the fault or maybe working on it still? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi theukchamp,

I've just checked and it appears that a replacement router is being sent out to you to test with, are you aware of this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

OK thanks, I'll let you know when I've booked the engineer

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 23

That's okay, I switched both on for now, please let me know about the engineer visit. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

apologies, my mistake, I was look at the wrong account. I'll book the engineer and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 23

It's showing connected? The modem and router is off, I will switch them both on again to check

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Could you just confirm that it's still not working as it's showing connected at our end.

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 23

That's great, please book this for me. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

It will be an Openreach engineer. We can usually get an appointment either next day or the day after

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 23

Just replied to your pm. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Hi theukchamp,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 23

Hi Chris,

I have replied to your email as for engineer visit anytime is fine the earlier the better for me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

OK, can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 23

Hi Chris,

Yes please do, just need this sorted so I can work from home

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 23

Hi theukchamp,

To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

theukchamp
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 23

Forgot to mention the phone has a dial tone

0 Likes