cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Moving home

Jack777
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

I have tried twice on two different devices to move home with my account but keeps getting stuck in confirmation? Just keeps whiring around. I thought it was supposed to be easy to do it online? We are moving on the 16th October and wanted to get it sorted out. Any help greatly appreciated

I Cross
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Totally agree, it's stressful enough moving house but at least a satisfactory outcome was achieved. Thanks for your help anyway 🙂

I Cross

Message 2 of 15

Glad it all ended happily, @Jack777.

Wouldn't it be nice if companies just posted a notice on the appropriate page one step ahead of us wasting hours of our time, wondering "is it me or is it them?" A no-brainer!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 15

Great news.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 4 of 15

Thanks for the advice. I ended up choosing to leave, but put through to a chat. It turns out that the website is having technical issues, so was my problem. The agent offered to move my account for me and I have ended on a cheaper deal than my expired deal. Happy days 🙂 Hopefully my move goes as smoothly as yours 🤞😊

I Cross
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 15

The Home Move page says you can also arrange this by chat or phone. As you are having so many issues it may be a better option rather than wasting more time online.

Chat may be better as you will have a chat record of your request.

If you wish to chat online, there is a link on this page. Refresh it if the chat icon does not appear .

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/articles/our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Or try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

Good luck with the move.

All I can add which might be a comfort, is once put in motion my move went like clockwork 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 6 of 15

I have used edge and chrome on 4 different devices and doing same thing everytime. It's rubbish 😡

I Cross
0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Try a different browser, @Jack777.

Enable pop ups; disable ad blockers. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Tried again and put 27th October before set up but still buffering 🤔 You would think talktalk would have a website that works 🙈

I Cross
0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Yes I realise that 👍

I Cross

Message 10 of 15

So it should be showing 27th October as the earliest date. Long after the 16th, which the OP mentioned. 

So @Jack777, you could be without internet in the new home for over 10 days.

Message 11 of 15

@Gliwmaeden2 the system only shows acceptable dates. It also requires you to cancel on one day and you can only start from the new service the next day or later.

Message 12 of 15

They need a fortnight's minimum notice, @Jack777.

It's possible that it can't process for a date that is too soon?

Let us know how you get on.

Message 13 of 15

I restarted the process but try your tip to refresh and see if I'm successful 🙏

I Cross
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 15

Hi,

I had this happen to me and after 10 minutes I gave up and hit the refresh button and it went through.

Did you start again or did you try the refresh button?

Might be worth a further try.