cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Slow Broadband

CHW_Cornwall
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I am currently on Fibre 35.  I have carried out the recommended in-home checks of my wi-fi router including changing the channel numbers and I am not achieving download speeds in excess of 14 Mbps. Often it is around 12 to 13 Mbps. The diagnostics have now recommended I open a support chat, so I would be grateful for assistance.

The live chat icon is not launching and an attempt to call support by telephone failed due to their systems being upgraded.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi CHW_Cornwall

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks 

Debbie

0 Likes

CHW_Cornwall
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Debbie, that has done the trick!  I switched the router off for over 12 hours while I was at work today and on switching it back on this evening, I am achieving my expected speed.  Many thanks for your assistance.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi CHW_Cornwall

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is in sync at 40mb.

Please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Your post is in the queue for attention, @CHW_Cornwall. Staff to be back during the day. 

They respond Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.