cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Faulty router

Svarthol
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Hi, Yesterday my ‘game changing’ router stopped working. It wasn’t connecting to anything and the amber light alternated between solid and flashing. I did the recommended tests and checks, turned it off and on, and connected it to the test socket. Still nothing. I also did the checks with an older router I have which passed them all and is what I am using now. My conclusion was quite simple. All of the cables work as does the computer and an old router so it’s highly likely to be the original router at fault.

I then contacted TalkTalk via chat. I did this once before for a faulty router, the matter was resolved very quickly and I was sent a new one, which is the one that has now stopped working.

On this occasion I explained all of the checks that I had done and went through various other checks and tests. It was plainly obvious to me that it was the router at fault. The agent then said they might have to send an engineer out and that I would have to pay if the fault wasn’t found. I declined the offer of a visit as knowing my luck the router might miraculously spring back to life.

So after that I was told I had to jump through more hoops. They wanted to do all the checks again which was going to take another 20 mins at least. These checks included doing health checks on the router. I don’t know how that would work as it’s not connecting to anything. At this point, after spending about 30 mins doing my own checks then another 1 hour and 40 mins in the chat room, I had had enough and ended the chat, which I had been connected to by my phone data.

I have noticed other people have had this issue, whereby TalkTalk is reluctant to send out new equipment but would go to the expense of sending an engineer out. So my options are limited, I don’t intend to buy a new router. The one I’m using has an intermittent fault, but is usable for now. I will probably seek out a new broadband provider as at the moment TalkTalk is not providing the equipment to use the service that I am paying for. Alternatively, I can return the faulty router to TalkTalk for repair or replacement. Unless anybody has any other suggestions?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @tadori8 

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

I'll do this for you, @Svarthol.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 13

Hi Debbie can you close the thread as solved please. Not sure how to do this or even if I can.

Thanks

Message 4 of 13

You need to start your own thread, @tadori8.

Return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Also complete your community forum profile details. Go via your avatar/name; settings. Add your Talktalk landline number  / account number where they ask for the telephone number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will reply during the week on your new topic.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

tadori8
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

my router ( DS244WTV ) recently stopped working (brand new as of 20 hours ago) and isn't broadcasting after intermittent drops in internet. I tried a hard reset button and seems now the 2.4 and 5g bandwidths aren't being broadcast.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi Svarthol

That's great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi New free replacement router received yesterday. Installed and all working well. ( So far 😁).

Defective one is in the post to you. Thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 13
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thanks. Will do

Message 10 of 13

Hi Svarthol

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 11 of 13

Yes please Debbie. That would solve the problem.Thanks.

Kind regards.

Svarthol

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi Svarthol

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can send you a replacement router, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie