cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

My new router

Sallyuk65
Team Player
Private Message
Message 59 of 59

I got my new sagemcom router yesterday and it is not as fast as my old Huawei hg633 router I have a guaranteed speed of 37mbps but only get 33mbps on my new router 

S A H
0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58

Message 41 of 59

re connection might be when I change over the router the new router is back in and still only 31.50 Mbps to my wired connection  and i can not do a self check to the line as it says there still working on it  we have rain and high winds here so not sure if that as anything to do with it

S A H
0 Likes

Message 42 of 59

Hi Sally

There are still re connections showing on the line. The speed will be dropping because the connection is unstable.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 43 of 59

Hi Debbie I checked the old router and the speed is same as the new one now  says 32mbps to my router and  31.88mbs  through my wired connection instead of my guaranteed speed should be 37mbps it  was 42mbps on Tuesday  to my router so really is slower than it was

S A H
0 Likes

Message 44 of 59
0 Likes

Message 45 of 59

The new router is the one  that is on right now so it's the new router that droped on wire  I am out right now so will try old router when I get home later today will message here when I have connected it thanks 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 46 of 59

Hi Sallyuk65

Thanks for your reply. It looks like it may be dropping on wired too.

If you connect the old router again then we can check the connection stats.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 59

Yes I only got the new router on Tuesday it was replaced because it drop on wireless connection but not on wired  when I talk to someone they said it is a an old router 2016 and sent me out a new one they wanted me to send old one back but I get better speed for my wired talk talk televison box don't want to send it back if new router gives me less speed

S A H
0 Likes

Message 48 of 59
0 Likes

Message 49 of 59

The old router worked fine so I do not think it's the line it could be the new router  is the line showing a fault if not it will cost me for an engineer so want to a void this I can try old router again when I get home see if the speed is higher on that first thanks 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 50 of 59

Hi Sallyuk65

Ok, the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

0 Likes

Message 51 of 59

Yes I is connected via the test socket  but I am not home right now not while tea time 

S A H

Message 52 of 59

Hi Sallyuk65

Thanks for your reply.

Because the connection is dropping then the speed wont increase as DLM will be trying to stabilise the connection by reducing the speed.

Is the new router connected at the test socket at the moment?

0 Likes

Message 53 of 59

I do not normally use the landline so I don't know the internet was first on 33mbps but I only get a 31mpbs now so it as drop a little but I should get a guaranteed 37mbps  thanks  

S A H
0 Likes

Message 54 of 59

Hi Sallyuk65

Thank you. I can see re connections on the line, is the connection dropping?

Do you use your landline? Is this working ok?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 55 of 59

Hi Debbie yes sorry I added it wrong it should be there properly now thanks 

S A H

Message 56 of 59

Hi Sallyuk65

It's not bringing up any line details. Have you added the correct number? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

0 Likes

Sallyuk65
Team Player
Private Message
Message 57 of 59

Ok thank you I have added my details 

S A H

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 58 of 59

Hi Sallyuk65

Please can you keep the new router powered up for 48hrs whilst DLM monitors the connection and adjusts the profile/speed with this router connected.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile and I will check the connection stats/speed again on Friday and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

0 Likes