cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

My new router

Sallyuk65
Team Player
Private Message
Message 59 of 59

I got my new sagemcom router yesterday and it is not as fast as my old Huawei hg633 router I have a guaranteed speed of 37mbps but only get 33mbps on my new router 

S A H
0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58

Message 21 of 59

Hi Sally

The line tests are clear - no faults detected.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 59

Can you check whether my line as a fault as I can not do that I still can not get into my account it may be I need technical support to help with the speed as it's the router only giving a 35mbos

S A H
0 Likes

Message 23 of 59

Hi Sally

Would you like me to arrange the engineer visit so they can investigate the drop in speed?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 59

I have tested both routers with different wires and it all says same 31mbps I have even been up to the wireless router hub and says it's only got a max of 35mbps download speed which Is probably why I am.not getting my speed of 37 it used to be 42mbps

S A H
0 Likes

Message 25 of 59
0 Likes

Message 26 of 59

I will test with old router  first as it only started when I put in the new one  last Tuesday check wires and stuff my account when I can get into it I have to go out soon so will try doing it when I can me home will let you know if I need you to get an engineer if I have no joy with testing 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 27 of 59

Hi Sally

If the fault is found to be with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges would be applied.

By testing with a different router, cable and filter at the test socket then this will rule out any potential issues with your own equipment or internal wiring.

In regards to My Account, if you create a new topic in the Billing/account section of the Community then my colleague can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 59

Is there fault on my line or will I be charged for the engineer I can not get into my account either says suspicious activity and as blocked me

S A H
0 Likes

Message 29 of 59

Hi Sally

The speed still hasn't increased and is below the minimum range for the line.

Would you like me to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 59

Hi Debbie I have checked my speed and I am still only getting a 31 Mbps instead of my guaranteed speed of 37 mbps  says router only getting 32 Mbps my router as drop from what it was last Tuesday I was getting a 42mbps then my router stats have lowered 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 31 of 59
0 Likes

Message 32 of 59

Ok Debbie will do thank you 

S A H

Message 33 of 59

Hi Sally

Thanks for your reply.

Now the connection is stable again then DLM should start to increase the speed.

Please can you leave the router powered up (without rebooting) and I will check the speed again tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 59

Hi Debbie I think they reduce my speed to stabilize the line I am only getting 31 to my wired  my guaranteed speed should be 37  if the line is stable are they going to increase my speed again thanks 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 35 of 59

Good Morning Sally

I've checked the connection stats and the connection appears to have stabilised since 01/04 and the line is in sync at 33.5mb.

How's the connection been for you?

0 Likes

Message 36 of 59
0 Likes

Message 37 of 59

Ok thank you Debbie 

S A H

Message 38 of 59

HI Sally

Thank you. I will check in with you on Monday morning, I will also check the connection stats/speed too.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 39 of 59

Connection as drop to 28 and back to 31 I can monitor not over weekend and see if it improves 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 40 of 59

Hi Sally

If the connection drops in wet or windy weather then there may be an exposed cable/joint and Openreach would need to repair this.

Would you prefer to monitor the connection/speed over the weekend first before proceeding to an engineer visit?

0 Likes