cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

My new router

Sallyuk65
Team Player
Private Message
Message 59 of 59

I got my new sagemcom router yesterday and it is not as fast as my old Huawei hg633 router I have a guaranteed speed of 37mbps but only get 33mbps on my new router 

S A H
0 Likes
58 REPLIES 58

Message 1 of 59

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 59

Hi Karl I have a return bag I will send it back tomorrow thank you 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 3 of 59

Hi

If you can return the faulty router, that would be great.

Do you have a returns bag or do you need me to send one.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 59

Hi Debbie I have checked the router you have sent me and this one is working great,  what happens now do I get to  keep this one and send back the other one thanks

S A H
0 Likes

Message 5 of 59
0 Likes

Message 6 of 59

Ok thank you Debbie I will do 

S A H

Message 7 of 59

Morning Sally

The router is on its way, please allow 48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 59

Hi Debbie yes please so I can test that one thank you 

S A H

Message 9 of 59

Hi Sally

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send another router for testing so we can rule out any issues with the last router we sent you?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 59

Hi Debbie I had engineer come he says he  can not get  my guaranteed speed of 37 on my new router most  can do is 35 to 36 to router which gives me 34 to my wired connection , I did check my old router after he fixed the fault and my old router is giving me a 38  to my wired connection so I think the new router is the problem as it gives me less speed , I talk to tech and tried everything with them and still didn't get it fixed so I am back using my old router as it working better then the new one, no idea why new one not working in my home. 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 11 of 59
0 Likes

Message 12 of 59

Ok ty Debbie will do

S A H

Message 13 of 59

Hi Sally

Thanks for confirming your details.

The engineer visit has been arranged for 06/04 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 59

Ok ty

S A H
0 Likes

Message 15 of 59

Hi Sally

Ok, would you like me to arrange the engineer visit? I will send you a Private Message to confirm some details.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 59

I have checked it with different routers all say the same at test socket with and without the face plate still get same reading 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 17 of 59

Hi Sally

Apologies, we can only arrange an engineer visit once we have confirmed potential engineer charges.

Further information can be found here Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

As advised, if you have tested with a different router, cable and filter at the test socket then this should rule out any potential issues with your own equipment or internal wiring.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 59

I just know if am not getting my guaranteed speed I should be I can not afford to pay for an engineer to come out if line got no fault 

S A H
0 Likes

Message 19 of 59

Hi Sally

The engineer can check for any faults that haven't been detected on the line tests and also reset DLM to increase the speed.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 59

Then it the speed to the router the router only gives a 35 Mbps  max I do not know how to fix that may be it's reduce on the line  if no fault in the line engineer would not be able to fix may be tech support 

S A H
0 Likes