cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Network switch causing issues with eero 6

Paulyoung987
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

If I plug my netgear  smart switch into the 2nd port of my eero  6 withon 5 minutes it crashes the Eero 6 has anyone else had this or have a solution for this issue ? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 9

Hi Paul,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks again keith I will need to check the settings but don’t think so I’ll take another look tomorrow and come back 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

Just a thought, you haven't configured a static IP address on the SFP port that is within the DHCP server's IP address range? This would be risking a duplicate IP address which might take the switch port down.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Is the SFP port set to auto-negotiate speed & duplex? If it is, try locking it to 1000M full duplex, I have seen similar issues with switch ports in the past.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Yes tried a factory reset and tested the cable between the two all looks to be fine but still falls over after 5 minutes or so ! Very annoying 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Have you tried another Ethernet cable? It looks to me that the SFP ports are the trunk or upload ports, I assume that one of these is connected to the Eero? I don't know how configurable this switch is, have you tried a factory default of it?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the reply keith it’s a Netgear GS716T

all and as working perfectly and has done for some years until I upgraded to the Eero6 faster broadband now 5 minutes after plugging in the switch to the 2nd port the Eero falls over and red light comes on 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Which model switch is this?

Keith

0 Likes