cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Internet since Monday 11 Dec

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Hello,

My Internet (Fibre 35) went down on Mon. After numerous calls and requests for updates, including three hours  on the phone this morning with 8 different people, I have reached a dead end. I'm absolutely stuck. 

Who can I turn to if I've reached the banging-head-against wall stage?

Any help gratefully received.

Ian

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

That's great news Ian, I'm sorry it's taken so long to resolve. Hope you have a great Christmas

Chris

0 Likes

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 26

Openreach have finally resolved my issue and got me reconnected.

It's been a stressful week and a half trying to get this sorted, and I hope never to go through it again, but I'm just grateful to be back online before Christmas.  

Best wishes,

Ian  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Sorry, nothing yet. I've asked our Network team for an update

Chris

0 Likes

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 26

Any updates on when Openreach will be resolving this fault, please?

0 Likes

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 26

It's now 10 DAYS since my broadband service went down.

No word regarding Openreach.

No help from 'Customer Relations' other than an email requesting my account details in reply to my email which contained my account details...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

I'm sorry its taking so long to resolve. I'll let you know as soon as I have an update

Chris

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 26

Chris,

Thanks. FYI - I was informed by a manager in the Tech Dept on Fri that there appears to be a number of error codes that are preventing the issue getting through to Openreach. Essentially it is stuck. This person tried her best to get through to SMC who she said could clear the problem. At least that's my understanding of our conversation. 

I'm hoping very much that this can be resolved in the next day or two. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

OK thanks. There doesn't appear to be any progress with the Openreach fault ticket so I'll ask our Network Team to take and look. I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 26

No dial tone. Flashing orange light on router.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

OK thanks. Is your telephone service not working either? Is there a dial tone?

Chris

0 Likes

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 26

Chris,

I sent another email to 'concerns' at TT with the job and complaint reference this morning. I assume that's customer services'?

An acknowledgement received but nothing else so far. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hi DVRider,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve. Could I just ask, have you spoken to customer service about this, this morning?

Chris

0 Likes

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 26

7 Days and still nothing.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Any updates?

It's been FIVE days without any service whatsoever.

Is Openreach actually aware of the problem? 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

There are no updates yet, I'll check again later. Apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

Message 16 of 26

Thanks Chris

It's now been a week, and I really do need to get this fixed before it goes into another week. Surely that won't happen?!

I just wish Openreach would get in touch directly to tell me what the problem is and what they're doing about it. 

In the past, issues have been sorted the same day, so this is extremely disappointing.

Ian

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi DVRider,

I'll check later to see if there are any updates. The issue has already been escalated as you have an open Complaint

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi Chris

Thank you for your reply. A similar fault ticket was raised on Mon after I originally reported my Internet was down. At one point yesterday it was showing as fixed on the fault tracker, when it clearly isn't. 

I'm assuming this is the same fault? Can you please tell me what I need to do or who I can contact to escalate this if the issue isn’t fixed? It's all becoming very stressful.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi DVRider,

A fault ticket was raised yesterday with Openreach, it's for a non-appointed task which means that Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours (from yesterday afternoon) and may contact you directly if they need to access your home.

Chris

0 Likes

DVRider
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 26

Ps. I've received no contact from the Complaints Team either. 

Mind you, it's contact with an engineer who can fix things I would really welcome. 

0 Likes