cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Why so many drop outs?

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

Hi Guys,

I keep having to reconnect my Sky box to my network. It’s usually every evening when I want to watch On Demand, but tonight I’ve had to reconnect it twice.

Openreach recently laid a new 60 plus metre cable and reconnected my landline, which appears to have increased my download speed but I seem to be getting drop outs. Please can you check out my internet connection?

Thanks a bunch,

Jackie 

Just A Cheshire Kid In Elegant Heels (2009 pairs in stock) © SD, 2009
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 11

Sure no problem, contact me any way you want & when you want.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 11

Morning Keith,

Thank you so much for offering to help! 🙂.

Getting on to the community at the moment is tricky because I’m not receiving the Verification Code emails. I have posted this morning about the problem.

Please may I come back to you for help once my log in is sorted out?

Thanks and regards,

Jackie 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 11

Hi Jackie,

I can help a lot with this, if you want it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 11

OK Jackie, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 5 of 11

Hi Chris,

Everything is wireless except my desktop computer which is in the study next to the router. I’m going out now, but will log on to my desktop tomorrow to check.

However, I think what you are saying makes total sense, ie a drop out in WiFi.

Thanks again,

Jackie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

It may just be the wireless signal that's being interrupted rather that the internet connection. Do you have any devices connected by Ethernet cable?

Chris

0 Likes

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help.

My router is upstairs in my study, so I only see the colour of the light when I’m up there!

I’m surprised you’re not seeing any drop outs. Guess I’ll just have to live with it 🙂.

BTW, the only way I could reply to you was to log into My Account with my usual password and work my way here. I have been trying to get a verification code since 8 o’clock this morning with absolutely no joy! Will post about this separately when I have time 🙃.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Line test is passing and not showing any disconnections for at least the last 2 weeks. Have you noticed if the lights change on your router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes

jackieh2009
Insightful One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Morning Chris,

The drop outs are affecting other devices too. My mobile, for instance, when I pick it up it’s more often than not using 4G instead of my WiFi network.

Regards,

Jackie

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Jackieh2009,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Does just seem to be the Sky box that's dropping, do other devices seem to be OK?

Chris

0 Likes