cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 150 repeating service problems

Phalanx1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi All,

My fibre 150 service keeps dropping out for the last 4 weeks. I contacted talktalk services for 3 times in this period and I don’t get any recommendation other than switching off and on the router and modem. Anytime connection is lost, I switch off and wait 20 mins for router to reset. This morning it’s gone again and I spent half am hour on the phone after those usual switch off/on did not work. The connection comes back when I wait on the phone with advisor, but then goes again. Even if the connection comes back, it is not reliable. I cannot simply switch off the router and wait for 20 mins in the middle of online business meeting everyday. Reaching a real human is almost impossible, even live chat is useless when you lost connection in the evening. I’m fed up chatting woth useless bots.

I don’t want to waste my time any further with ridiculously checking if ethernet cable is plugged or not or the router is powered or not.Is there a way to get this service peovider to take this problem serious and sort it out. Otherwise I will change the peovider. It is beyond being acceptable errors now. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

OK, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi All, engineer came over today and did some checks. Advised me to change the modem first as he thinks router is ok. I contacted talktalk chat service and they confirm shipment of new modem to me. I'll try with that one when I receive it.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Morning,

Thank you for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

OK, keep us posted.

0 Likes

Phalanx1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

I managed to chat with a member from support team and openreach engineer booked for tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

OK, thanks for that.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi, it's G fast

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Can you just clarify if this is a G.fast, or Full Fibre service you have? Subject to that, the support team here will be happy to look into this for you when they are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes