cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No sync for days

Polonium
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Hi,

Our TalkTalk hub has failed to sync since 22nd December (flashing broadband light).

We've tried a few other microfilters (one was unused in packet) and replaced the cable between the filter and the hub/modem but there doesn't seem to have been a difference. It's also plugged into the test socket.

The phone works as normal but we think there's sometimes some crackles on the line.

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

That's great, thanks for letting me know

Chris

0 Likes

Polonium
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 23

Hello Chris.

After resetting the router, as you suggested yesterday, the upload speed has remained about the same at 6 but the download speed is now at 49, showing a considerable improvement.

Thanks very much for your help 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Could you switch the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Polonium
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 23

Hi Chris,

The different line and new router have given a more reliable connection. Speeds remain low at typically 16 down and 6 up (ethernet and WiFi). I have returned the old router.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Hi Polonium,

Thanks for the update, has there been any improvement since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Polonium
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 23

Hello. The Outreach engineer visited as arranged and confirmed a land

line fault. He connected us to another line but we still have noise on the line and no improvement in speeds, typically 16 down and 6 up. The engineer said that Outreach have some scheduled work in this area. Do know what this is, when it is and whether it will improve my service? In the meantime I consider the matter to be unresolved and ongoing.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Polonium,

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning -  January 11 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi Polonium,

I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Polonium
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 23

Hello, can you please con firm that i will get an engineer visit tomorrow morning Thursday 11th Jan

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Sorry, I've just been told Wednesday (tomorrow) isn't possible. Thursday onwards is good. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

We can usually get next working day so would you like us to book tomorrow morning if it's available?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Hi. We're okay with possible charges and would like an AM visit. Any day is fine.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

OK, if you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Yes, please. 🙂

0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

OK, the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

Message 16 of 23

Yes, still connected to the test socket. There are no extensions from the master socket anyway.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Hi Polonium,

Is the router and telephone currently connected to the test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi there,

My father has connected up the new hub and reports that they now have internet but they're still experiencing disconnections. Their speedtests (through ethernet) also seem a little slower at around 27mbps down and 5mbps up (previously closer to 40). They're also hearing more noise on the line through the telephone.

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Polonium

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 48-72hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

Message 20 of 23

Hi Michelle. Thanks for your quick reply.

We don't have any other modems to test so if you could send another, that'd be great.

Thanks.