cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Off Again

Ryoma2040
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 49

My connection is once again dropping multiple times a day and if it manages to reconnect, I'm getting speeds of around 0.5mbps down. 
The phone seems to work fine (not great but it never is).

The problems started about a week ago and today the connection has been down several times already and on one occasion it was over half an hour before it could reconnect.

I've checked all of the cables and reset the router, even swapped several bits out to see if it helped, which it did not. It's currently connected directly to the test socket and that has made no difference to stability or speed. 

BadTimeInternet.png
0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 41 of 49

Morning,

How have you found the stability of your connection since yesterday please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 42 of 49

Great, thank you. I'll also post an update back here too.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 43 of 49

Yes that's fine. I'll check back in the morning.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 49

We'll re-check it first thing in the morning, would this ok? It'd give us enough time to check the stability stats now that the alternative router is connected.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 45 of 49

Yes. How long do we give it?

0 Likes

Message 46 of 49

Thank you. Would it be ok to keep this router connected for now whilst we monitor the stability to see how it compares?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 47 of 49

I do and I've connected it up. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 48 of 49

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now.

I've run a broadband test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault, however the voice line test is showing no fault. Thanks for confirming that the router is connected to the test socket. Do you have an alternative router that you could test with please just to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes