cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Off Again

Ryoma2040
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 49 of 49

My connection is once again dropping multiple times a day and if it manages to reconnect, I'm getting speeds of around 0.5mbps down. 
The phone seems to work fine (not great but it never is).

The problems started about a week ago and today the connection has been down several times already and on one occasion it was over half an hour before it could reconnect.

I've checked all of the cables and reset the router, even swapped several bits out to see if it helped, which it did not. It's currently connected directly to the test socket and that has made no difference to stability or speed. 

BadTimeInternet.png
0 Likes
48 REPLIES 48

Message 21 of 49

The connection speed on the router menu seems higher but the actual download speed is no better. It's capping out at around 200kb/s and trying to stream any kind of video is impossible. I've tested it on multiple devices and multiple sites and the results are the same.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 49

Hello again,

Thanks for confirming. The voice test is now clear so this could be an intermittent fault. I've re-checked the broadband connection stats now and the connection looks like it has started to stabilise over the last 24hrs. Have you also noticed an improvement since your last post?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 23 of 49

It sounds a little fuzzy but there is definitely a dial tone.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 49

Morning,

I've re-run the line test now and it's still detecting a potential voice fault. Could you re-check the voice service for me please for any noise and confirm if you have a dial tone?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 25 of 49

It's still slow and disconnecting multiple times a day.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 49

Hi Ryoma2040

Apologies for the delay.

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

How's the line/connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 49

An engineer came at about 4:30pm and ran a test, which he said showed a fault about 400m from the property.
He said he would go and investigate and update my by ringing the landline but when he did, I could hear him but he obviously could not hear me.

After that I heard nothing more but the internet has disconnected and gotten slower since then so I don't think the issue is resolved.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 49

Hi Ryoma2040

Openreach haven't updated the notes as yet. Have Openreach made contact with you?

0 Likes

Message 29 of 49

Morning @Ryoma2040 

The fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning so we should hopefully have further updates later this afternoon.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 49

Morning,

No problem. The voice fault is most likely affecting the broadband connection so hopefully once this is resolved then we'll see an improvement in the connection stats.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 31 of 49

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 49

Good morning,

I've just re-checked your connection stats now and DLM hasn't made any further changes to the speed but the voice line test has detected a potential external line fault (DIS Fault) so I've passed this over to Openreach now to complete an external line investigation. I'll re-check the fault first thing in the morning for an update for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 33 of 49
0 Likes

Message 34 of 49

Yes but I'll let you know if I have any major problems before then.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 49

Morning,

Ok thank you for confirming. Usually DLM will start to increase the speed once the stability has started to improve. It's possible that DLM may increase the speed further over the next few days. Unfortunately we can't manually adjust DLM as this is done automatically as it monitors the connection. Would it be ok if we re-check the connection stats again on Thursday to see if DLM has made any changes?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 36 of 49

It's usually somewhere between 4 and 4.5.
I know it's not a fast connection but losing a few Mbs makes a big difference to me.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 49

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. The sync speed does look very low. What speeds were you originally receiving previously? If all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 38 of 49

Yes, it has.
The connection has been pretty stable over the weekend although it is still slower than normal.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 49

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, has the replacement router been connected to the test socket?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 40 of 49

The speed has been better but still not what it normally is.
It has disconnected twice that I've noticed as well.

0 Likes