cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Orange light on Hub - no Wifi

Matthew
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

Hi. We have had sporadic WiFi all day. There's an orange solid light on the hub. Restarting doesn't change anything. 

I've tried connecting via Ethernet/cable and that doesn't work either - "unidentified network. No internet"

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Matthew,

I've booked the engineer for 24-Jan-24 15:00 - 18:00, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 2 of 12

Hi Chris. Yes please, I can be available today, Wednesday afternoon, any time Thursday or Friday. I would have expected there to be a phone socket downstairs at the very least - the cable should be surely punched into the new socket, not just a micro filter used as a plug-in extension. It looks such a mess!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Matthew,

I've checked the engineers notes and it looks as though the extension wiring may have been causing the problem. If you'd like us to book another engineer visit can you let us know when you can be available and we'll book it for you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Staff will be back on here first thing in the morning, @Matthew.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Matthew
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 12

Hi Talktalk - any update?

0 Likes

Matthew
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

Update. Spoke to Qube/Circet engineer. He did ask if I had thought of moving my main DECT handset downstairs. I said I'd think about it, which he took as permission to cut my phone cable to the upstairs and fit a new NTE5C master socket.

Now I have to move phones around just to get a line out today. In an emergency (my wife is disabled) I won't be able to plug in a phone upstairs at all. 

I really need you to put things back to how they were.

(Why Circet are changing master sockets when the router is the problem is between you and them - I hope they aren't charging you for this pointless work?)

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Yes it does. On closer inspection, there is a much bigger problem than whether or not to use a micro filter. The Qube engineer has literally cut our phone extension cable to install a new socket. Now we have no landline phone service and no phone extension to our upstairs. I am really annoyed about this. Why didn't he make it clear that he had done this?? ☹️🤯

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi Matthew

This may be a pre filtered face plate. Does the lower part of the socket come away?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Michelle. Thanks for picking this up. The Qube engineer has been now and changed the hub - problem solved. 

One thing I need to check. Do I need a micro filter with this type of socket? (photo attached).

We were originally told it wasn't required. 

1000013550.jpg

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Good morning Matthew,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see that the router is not in sync. Do you have a dial tone? Does your main socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you could test with please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Matthew
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Have managed to do a line test via your website. Case logged as REP-13892710. 

0 Likes