cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Orange light on router and no broadband

PaulBooth
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Had no broadband since this morning. 
Restarted router several times. 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Paul, if you still need assistance please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Pwhit,

I've replied on your thread

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

I have lost the will to live.... 2 hours on chat with technical support.... Asking me to do everything I have already done... Having to send them a photo of my new router to prove I had plugged it in... The script suggests it is a router problem with the new router!! So I now waste another week trying to fort this out ..  and under threat if I don't go out of my way to post their old router back they will charge me £50 ...  If this new one doesn't work I will send them all back and cancel my direct debit ...  You need to watch out .. you are not the cheapest out there any longer... So people will be happy to leave you with this absolutely shocking service when things go wrong 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

They sent me one and all set up and still not working 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Request a new router, fixed everything 

0 Likes

Pwhit
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

Have they fixed this for you yet ... I have the same issue and they keep telling me there is no problem... I am out of pocket this week by having to do a 50 mile round trip each day into the office and having to contemplate taking half a day unpaid so they might send out an engineer!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Hi Paul,

Thanks for trying that, which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

I’m having the same issue, going round in circles with Talk Talk…🙄

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi Chris. 

Did that. Flashed orange and white for a few minutes and now it’s gone back to solid orange. 

Getting really desperate now. My partner runs her business from home and this is affecting her ability to communicate. 
Paul

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Thanks. I've found the account, showing unable to authenticate. Could you switch the router and ONT off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Chris. 

Done that. Sorry I forgot the account was in my partners name. I’ve also added her phone number. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Paul,

Could you also please add the account holders name to the private notes section of your community profile 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Michelle. I’ve added the account information 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hello,

Ok, please can you add your Account Number to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Michelle

0 Likes

PaulBooth
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

Hi Michelle. I don’t have a talk talk number on the account in question. I have two accounts. One of which was disconnected earlier last year. It the current account that is causing issues. I can give you the account number but don’t want to do it in open forum. For some reason I can only log in online to the old (disabled) account 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Paul,

Can you please update your community profile to also include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

PaulBooth
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

Hi Michelle. I’ve added the requested information. 
Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Hi @PaulBooth 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes