cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Poor fibre installation

celynen
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Yesterday an Openreach engineer installed fibre broadband into my house. But the cable, which runs from a post comes very close to my neighbours bedroom window, which (and rightly so) they are not very pleased with and they want it rerouted asap. Please can you send someone to reroute this cable and to take away the old copper cable?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

To be honest I don't know but that seems to be saying within 2 meters above the house, not in front of it. The drop cable to my house is within 2 meters of my neighbours at one point, I think this probably happens quite a lot

Chris

0 Likes

celynen
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Just found this on the internet.

Part 11 of the ECC is the power to “fly lines” – which means the right for an undertaker to install and keep telephone lines passing over land in the vicinity of other electronic apparatus. This right can only be exercised if such lines are not, at any point where they pass over the relevant land, less than three metres above the ground or within two metres of any building over which they pass.

As this line is within 1 metre of my neighbours house, surely the law is being broken.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

I'm sorry but you or your neighbour would really need to report this to Openreach as it's their network. If there's a fault with the service then we can look into this and arrange an engineer visit if required but something like this you would really need to report it directly to Openreach

Chris

0 Likes

celynen
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Thanks Chris, I tried your link, but just sent around in a circle, unable to get any sense or talk to anyone about the problem. The same this morning, over a hour on the phone to talktalk, in the end the same as you say, get in touch with Openreach yourself, here's the phone number, getting nowhere fast.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

OK thanks. If you or your neighbour have any concerns about the position of the cable you can report this directly to Openreach - Report damage, vandalism or a health & safety issue | Openreach

Chris

0 Likes

celynen
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

There is no problem with the service, it is the positioning of the cable. If the engineer had followed the original copper wire route it would be ok, but because he didn't have long enough ladders he lowered the fibre cable, which then crossed in front of my neighbours bedroom window.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi celynen,

Just to confirm, is there any problem with your service or is it just the position of the cable?

Chris

0 Likes