cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Previous speed and drop out problem has returned after 5 months

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

5 months ago in November, I had a problem with slow download speed and dropping out . Openreach engineer renewed an underground cable that was faulty and all was ok after that . Now I am getting the same problem , the internet drops out 4 or 5 times a day on average and the speed has now dropped from 39Mbps in November down to 29mbps today . This has started in about the last 3 weeks. Any help would be appreciated please.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Router powered off for 30 mins . Sync speed now showing 36Mbps as opposed to 29 earlier this morning. Speed test showing 34 Mbps so that’s an improvement . I suppose it’s best to monitor this over the next few days and hope it stays stable and that it doesn’t drop out anymore. I will keep you informed 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Dodge08
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi Karl 

yes I will do that now and get back to you with the result. Thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi

can you power off the router for 30 minutes to start a new session, then retest.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Dodge08,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to ‘run a connection test’ on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes