cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Connection issues

hodgsoi1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi there, I’m having connection issues in that the router is not connecting to the internet. I’ve been in touch with tech support and they have sent a new router but this does not connect. I have 4 green lights on the Ont box but no connection out. The router attempts to connect but just times out. My local network is connected to the router ok. Any suggestions please?

hodgsoi1 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Thanks Karl. That’s the new router connected. Thanks again for your help. Ian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

Profile changed - give it about 15 minutes to go through then connect the other router and see if it will connect.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

hodgsoi1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Yes please Karl.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

So, the 5464 is what we call the HUB 2,  the 5364 is the HUB 1, main difference is that the Hub 2 has the phone port ar the back.

With city fibre, the hub 1 needs to have a different profile set.

Would you like me to change the profile so you can then connect the new HUB 1 (5364)

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

hodgsoi1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Hi Karl, the original router is a Sagecom FAST 5464-2.T4 and the new router is a Sagecom FAST 5364-3.T8. I was sent instructions for a DSL connection with it. Does this mean that I have been sent a DSL router instead of a FTTP one?

Ian

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

Can you tell me the model of the first router, and then the model of the new router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

hodgsoi1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl, thanks for your message. I have managed to get the original router to connect- I do not know why, but as I have been supplied with a new router I have decided to try it in case the original one has an intermittent issue and this will be the reason you saw it connected. I also had the same issues with this router connecting but has for the moment resolved itself. It still doesn’t explain why the new supplied router doesn’t connect. Ian

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi

I'm showing a device online currently with an authentication record from 14:06

Are you now online or still seeing an issue ?

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes