cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 35 Speed Capped at 6.25 Mbps

DarrenJackson1
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Today a physical fault was fixed by Openreach and my line was reset. FTTC.

My router is synced at 12 Mbps, but a Speed Test reports 6.25 Mbps. No other devices are using bandwidth.

It's my line capped due to the previous fault?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

@Karl-TalkTalk yes, this is the speed before the fault. Thanks for checking. Long line!

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi

was this the speed you had before the fault.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Morning @Skynet_TX 

Thank you for your help, your suggestion worked. Speed restored to an incredible 12 Mbps.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi @DarrenJackson1,

Try switching your router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on you will get a new session in the street cabinet, this can often get the throughput speed back up to something much closer to the sync speed after a fault has been fixed.