cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Resetting password for TalkTalk community

TOCTOC
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

My partner want to raise a topic in the Community but cannot login because she has forgotten her password. She has tried the reset password option with her registered email account but nothing is being received. She's tried several times and has checked SPAM. Nothing there.

Is the reset password link working?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

OK thanks, apologies for any inconvenience 🙂

Message 2 of 21

Thanks Chris

I've created a new account now.

So this thread can be considered closed.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

I can't find any way to send the password reset email unfortunately. If you setup a new account the email address does have to be different (to the old account) but it doesn't have to be the same as the one on the billing system, they are not linked in any way.

Message 4 of 21

Hello Chris

I thought about that a few days ago and tried but, of course, the email address has to be unique.

So, in order to do what you're suggesting, I would need to create a new email address for her.

And that would mean it was different from the email address on her TalkTalk billing account.

Can't you or a colleague force the password change email to be generated now so I can try changing it immediately and avoiding that Token timeout message?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

I'm sorry about this but it may be easier if your partner just creates a new Community account. Unfortunately I don't know what's causing the problem with the current account.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hello Chris

No, there is no email being generated this morning but I noted several in her email inbox that were generated earlier this morning, presumably in response to multiple attempts to reset the p[password yesterday.

One mail timed 3:37 and two timed 6:37

The one from yesterday morning was timed at 6:32

So I am wondering if the process that produces these mails only runs around those times.

Whatever the mechanism, it must have a timer on it as every time I try to use the link in the email to rest the password, it just tells me that the token has expired.

If you can figure out how to manually force the email to be sent after I request a reset password, then perhaps I woudl stand a chance of doing the rest in whatever time window it allows?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Sorry about that, could you try requesting a password reset again please and let us know if you now receive the email

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Thursday morning update.

Another day with a new email with a link to reset the password.

And another error message on trying to do it.

• We are unable to reset your password because the token has expired

It looks as though your system sends out the reset email during the night regardless of when the request is made and that it has a short time limit for the user to action the reset?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

OK, just looking into this, I'll get back to you when I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Hello again

Tried that and found a mail int he SPAM folder.

Moved it to INBOX, clicked the reset button and tried to set password but got error.

• We are unable to reset your password because the token has expired
0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Thanks. Everything looks OK at our end. Could you just try resetting the password again and check spam and trash folders if the email doesn't appear

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Yes. Done that now.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Could you add the name on your partners Community account to the private notes section of your community profile 

Thanks

Chris

Message 14 of 21

OK thanks, I'll take a look now

Chris

Message 15 of 21

Hello Chris

No. That's the problem I was trying to raise.

She doesn't remember her password and the reset password link is not sending a link to her email account.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

OK thanks, can you log in with that name, or reset the password?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

@TOCTOC and @Chris-TalkTalk

It looks as though the name is Lanthinum.

Screenshot_20230321-114423_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

OK thanks, has she posted on the Community previously?

Chris

0 Likes

TOCTOC
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Hello Chris

Lanthium

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff