cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

line test, fault found

gazrocks
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

Having ran a line test, i have got a email back saying they have found a fault and i need  a open reach engineer to come out, it says i need to book an appointment, how do you do this

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi gazrocks,

I've booked the engineer for - March 28 2023,AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 2 of 11

Hi gazrocks

I'm sorry to hear this.

The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Yes i have received the router and have tried it, i am still having the same problems, my speeds are still slow and am still losing my connection, yesterday morning it went off several times in 45 mins, i will be sending back the router you sent me tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi gazrocks

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi gazrocks

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

yes thanks, how long before i will get it

Message 7 of 11

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router first for testing purposes before we arrange an engineer visit? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Message 8 of 11

yes the router is currently connected to the test socket, there is sometime noise on the line, i do not have router to test it, this is the second time i have had problems with it, an engineer came out 3 weeks ago, he said before he left the line was fine and if i have any more problems it could be on talktalks end or the router no working properly, i have only been on fibre 35 for for 6 weeks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Morning,

The line test is detecting a potential fault and recommending an engineer visit to the property. Can I just confirm, is the router currently connected to the test socket? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line? Have you also tested with a different router?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and they will arrange it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes