cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Returning equipment

ssclub77
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi. I've recently given notice that I'm leaving talk talk and was told about having to return equipment. It was difficult making out everything I was told by the person I spoke to but a youview box and also a router were I think mentioned.

Well obviously I want to avoid the £50 penalty for not returning equipment but if I have none that do have to be then I also don't want to be charged by error and from what I've since read from a lot of posts on this subject on the forum that is a common problem among others.

So after reading these posts from what I can gather it seems with the youview box that if you'd completed that tv contract then the box is yours to keep. Well I know I did complete it and checked through my talk talk emails to confirm. And the box has long since been recycled by me anyway as it became faulty many years ago. 

I also have a WiFi hub which I paid £30 for separately when I started my faster fibre service in 2019 so I know that doesn't need returning either. 

Apart from that I have one other router but I don't know if that is was from when I started with talk talk in 2014 (if it is then I don't have to return that either I think). But as I've been with talk talk 9 years I don't know/can't remember for certain if I've had any other routers.

So I'd like confirmation I don't need to return the long disposed of youview box and also clarification if there is any equipment I might have had that I do have to return to avoid the £50 penalty. Plus if not I have that official confirmation in case of bureaucratic mistakes at a later point.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 2 of 5

Ok. Thanks for doing that.

Cheers.

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi ssclub77

The box would be obsolete by now anyway, and as you paid for the router it is yours. I will send a returns bag just in case you find any old routers. 

And have added your account to the exemption list for equipment charges. 

Regards.

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @ssclub77 your post has been escalated and hopefully a returns bag will be sent to you.

If and when this arrives I would place any items I believe belong to TT and return via post. ALWAYS keep the receipt (a scan is useful). 

Good luck and I hope your new supplier is proving satisfactory. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes