cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router FAST-5364 no longer works - replacement please

Message 9 of 9

Good morning Talk Talk,

My FAST-5364 router finally gave up  on 3rd March 2024, after about 6 years of service.  I've since been using my very old TT router, the HG635, which has work faultlessly since.  However, it's range is limited so we no longer get full coverage around the house, and the speed is slow in the weaker areas.  So, this proves that my broadband connection is fine, and I would like a replacement router please.

Some background:  I had a web chat with a TT agent for 2 hours on 3rd March 2024.  At that point the FAST-5364 was not working for Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz) or wired.  I had already tested the HG635 and shown that it worked. He had me reconnect the FAST-5364 and run a comprehensive sets of tests, including a factory reset, direct connect to master socket, dial tone, remote diagnostics etc.  He advised sending an engineer to the premises to fix any fault that they might find, and potentially charge me £75 charge if a fault was found with my equipment.   I did not agree to this, as in any case, he would not guarantee that I would then get a new router.

More background:  Prior to the above contact the FAST-5364 has been frequently dropping the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, typically every few days to a week, requiring a reboot (I allowed 20min) to recover.  The 5GHz and wired were OK.  Given that I have a lot of peripherals relying on 2.4GHz, including security stuff, this was a big nuisance, especially if I was away. But I was mostly putting up with it because a previous call to get a replacement was unsuccessful (25 Sep 2023). Also, when it worked, it was good.

Even more background: I've been a Talk Talk customer for 14 years, always had good service and reasonable deals, and have been happy with the download/upload speeds via FTTC.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @customer-since-2010 

That's great news 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please post back here and let me know.

I have also sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie,

The replacement router arrived 3pm yesterday - just 27 hours after reporting my router fault via the community. Impressive service, thank you.  The new FAST-5364 is, so far, working perfectly 🙂.  I have strong and fast Wi-Fi throughout the house, and the wired is also good (63+ Mbs).  I need to leave it running for a few weeks  to see if the Wi-Fi bands remain up without needing frequent re-boots 🔌.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 9

Thank you Debbie.  I'll let you know how it goes. 🙂

Message 5 of 9

Hi @customer-since-2010 

Not sure if you seen my last post?

Apologies for this.

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Keith, thanks for the support.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi @customer-since-2010 

Apologies for this.

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and replace it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?