cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router firmware downgraded

BadWolf44
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hello, I am writing here due to frustration dealing with the technical team over the phone.

I recently upgraded my package from Fibre35 to Fibre65, my router firmware was updated to 1.08, however last night my router went down and when it restarted I had been downgraded to v1.05t with my line moving from G993.2 back to Vdsl2_ANNEX_B. This immediately cut my internet speeds in half, I've never requested to be moved back to the lower package and my package is still Fibre65, all I'm requesting is my firmware to be re-updated to v1.08 with my line standard back as it should be as G993.2_Annex_B

Thanks.

Edit: Just adding that my router is the DG8041W

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

Has the router arrived since your last post?

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create a new topic in the Billing Section and our Billing Expert Arne can look into this engineer charge for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Just waiting on the router, due to arrive today. However I can see that I've been charged for an engineer visit that I was told I would not be charged for, I'm starting to become very upset about the way I've been treated.

No doubt they'll try to charge me on my next bill for the other engineer visit which I was adamant I did not need but they insisted on.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Good morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I can see that a replacement router has been ordered and you should receive this over the next 48hrs. We'll check back in with you next week to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Yes please, just had a talktalk engineer visit and they just said exactly as I'm saying, it look like the router firmware is incompatible however he was unable to replace this himself. 

If you could send a Sagemcom I would be most grateful, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a Sagemcom Wifi Hub instead to see how this compares?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hello, yes I've done that and ran a speedtest, absolutely no better. My Line standard is back on VDSL since the downgrade which does not seem correct, the speedtests just back that up, it's like I'm on my old package.

IMG_COM_202403131815048400.jpeg
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi BadWolf44

I'm really sorry about this.

We are no longer using firmware 1.08, the version you have now 1.05 is the only available firmware at the moment.

Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then running a speed test?