cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Are all Fibre65 connections as bad as mine?

ElRossini
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I've had a fibre 65 connection for quite a while and it's consistently awful. Not sure why I've not done more about it before now - too much hassle maybe - but my family has reached the end of their tether and so I need to get it sorted. I have download speeds of around 20mbs and uploads speeds of about 0.7mbs(!!!) and connections are forever dropping out (which drives my son crazy on his xbox). Is there likely to be anything that can be done to improve the situation, or do I need to move to a different provider? Jurassic Fibre seems to do well around here.

R T Penwill - Artist Printmaker
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

ElRossini
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 11

Hi Michelle, thanks for checking in. The jury’s still out - The Xbox kicked my son out of his game again over the weekend and it’s unclear if the slow upload speed was part of the issue. I’ll monitor my household’s experience with the connection over the next few days and post again with an update towards the end of the week.

Thanks,

Ross

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Good morning 🙂

I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can see 1 re-connection. How have you found the connection since the router has been connected to the test socket?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Ross,

Great, thank you 🙂 I'll re-check your connection stats first thing on Monday morning and will post an update back here.

Thanks

Michelle

ElRossini
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

Hi Michelle - Sure thing, I'll keep it plugged in to the test socket as you suggest and see if things improve over the weekend. To be continued! ... 

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Ross,

Thank you. Would it be possible to keep the router connected at the test socket over the weekend to see how both the stability and speed compares and also so we can re-check to see if DLM has made any changes to the speed?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Michelle, thanks for looking at this - I've now plugged the router and phone into the ADSL filter and in to the test socket.

I began using the TalkTalk WiFi hub yesterday. Until then I'd been using a Draytek Vigor2866 as the router with a separate WiFi access point. The results I was getting from the Draytek were similar to what I am now getting from the TalkTalk WiFi Hub (I requested the new router to see if it was my equipment causing the issue).

Thanks again,

Ross

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hello,

Thank you .I've run a test on line now which is clear. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket so we can see how this compares? Do you also have an alternative router that you could test with please?

Thanks

Michelle

ElRossini
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Hey Michelle - details now added to my profile!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Good morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes