cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 150 still beneath 100 mgbs

Baz58
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 18

I've run regular speed tests since my broadband package was upgraded  at the end of January. I've also logged numerous complaints about the below-par speed.  And the line has been "investigated" via the automatic fault service.

Still no joy.

What steps should I pursue next? 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Barry,

No problem. This sounds like a messaging error. If you do receive a charge for a missed appointment then please let us know and we'll clear this straight away for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Many thanks for your helpful advice Michelle.  I will follow that up.   Just one more additional thing.  I've just received two puzzling messages from Talk Talk saying that they are sorry I was not in for the engineers appointment this morning (!) and that regrettably they will have to charge me for it.

Baffled by this as I was indeed in and let the engineer John in to the property.  What do you advise so that I avoid getting charged for this wrongful claim?

best

Barry

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hi Barry,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I'd recommend contacting our Loyalty Team directly as they may be able to move you to a different package if the line is not capable of supporting the higher speeds.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hello Michelle.  Not great sadly.   John, the BT Openreach engineer just attended 12.47 on 18th March. He told me that speed problem was because Talk Talk had mis-sold me a service that they could not provide. The reason being that the distribution point for my flat is too far away from the street hub to give me the advertised minimum of 100mbps. I've been using the fault speed check over the last week and it consistently shows underneath the minimum of 100 mpbs. (usually 94). It does seem to me that I've been sold a service that Talk Talk are physically not available to provide.  Do you agree.  (won't be able to respond now till 6pm)

many thanks

Barry

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Good afternoon,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Morning Baz,

Thanks for confirming. The engineer visit has been arranged for March 18 2024 AM (8-1) Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Hi Michelle

Happy to agree to terms as outlined per an engineers visit.  This will be the third engineer visit. My dates are from 18th March AM 8-1 to the 22nd March 8-1AM.  Sorry for the delay in reply but am working very long security guard shift patterns.

Best

Barry

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 18

Yes, I agree @Baz58 a magnifying glass is often required. If it has a phone port on the back then it is the 5464 aka Hub 2), if there is no phone port, then you have the 5364.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi Baz,

Ok, if nothing has changed then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. If you'd like to go ahead with this then please can you provide some availability AM (8-1) and PM (1-6) and we can arrange a visit for you. Could you also confirm that you accept possible time related charges if the engineer is unable to locate a fault or if the fault is located on your own equipment.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Baz58
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 18

Hi Keith the router is indeed a Sagemcom - don't  know which. Hi Michelle, no I haven't added anything to the set up. I don't even have a phone connected so don't use the voice service.

Many thanks for all helpful comments.  Won't be able to reply again till much later tonight sas off to work (security guard).  Many thanks again Keith and Michelle!!!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Hi Baz,

Did you also see my last post?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Baz58
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 18

Thank you Keith! Indeed  there is a Sagemcom sticker!  Unfortunately my eyesight is not good enough to read the tiny writing about which one it is!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 18

Hi @Baz58 

If you do want to know which router you have, there will be a sticker on the rear of the router, often behind a pull-up panel. It is most likely a Sagemcom FAST 5364 or 5464.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi Baz,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault towards the property. Has the set up changed since the engineer set this up? Have you added any new equipment to the line? Is the voice service ok?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Baz58
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 18

Profile details updated!

0 Likes

Baz58
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 18

Thanks for the reply. There is no brand name on the router, just a generic TalkTalk logo. Also I do not think I have an Optical Network Terminal as the BT Openreach engineer  just left me with a standard two slot box on the wall - one to connect to modem and one for phone - as before.  In fact the BT Openreach engineers inability to know how the TalkTalk system worked was a problem - they admitted that to me.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

Which make/model of router do you have, most likely it will be an Eero or Hub 2?

What happens if you connect a PC via an Ethernet cable directly to the ONT in place of this router & do a speed test, what do you get there?

How do the devices you are running the speed tests that you mention in your opening post connect to the router? Wireless, Ethernet or a mixture of the two types? If you use any, are the Ethernet ones better than the wireless ones?

Keith

0 Likes