cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wi Fi Connect

Pnokio
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have a WDTV Live multi media player that I can access to add, remove or edit the files using either of my 2 Win 11 Home Laptops whether the WDTV player was in Standby or On.

I have done nothing to my Black Hub or laptop network settings but unable to get a connection.

Regards
George
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 8

I expect that Windows 11 may be making it harder to be able to use SMB V1, as it was they who pointed out how insecure it is now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

As the WDTV Live is still working in all parts except the Wireless connection, I can live without it. Thanks to all.

Regards
George
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Pnokio 

This uses the highly insecure protocol SMB V1 from what I can see. This should never be used because of this (stated by Microsoft). By default, SMB 1.0 is disabled in Windows 11 and 10 due to security vulnerabilities. Hence, if you really must use this, you must accept the insecurity it will bring & enable SMB 1.0 in the "Turn Windows features on or off" dialogue.

Have you looked at this site:-

https://www.sysprobs.com/how-to-connect-wd-tv-live-to-computer-windows-8-play-to 

Go down to the section marked "How to Connect WD TV Live to Windows 10/11/8.1 Computer".

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Yes, I have tried reboot but still no change.

Regards
George
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Is this still not working? Have you tried rebooting the router and then re-connect again?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

It worked perfectly a few days ago, when the WDTV equipment was powered on or on Standby using either laptop.

Now all I get is unable to connect. Wi Fi name and password are entered correctly.

This is all I get.

-

Net.png

Regards
George
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Has this ever worked? How are you trying to access this media player & what sort of error message do you get?

Keith

0 Likes