cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre 500 plus VOIP deal

MrJFW
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

I have TWO lines - copper and fibre. I want to take advantage of the 500 MB plus VOIP offer from TalkTalk but hit a problem with the sales agent.

I have 65MB broadband plus landline on COPPER

I have data only on FIBRE

I want to migrate to Full Fibre 500 with digital voice whilst retaining my existing landline number.

The sales agent set up a deal to give me 500MB data only on my DIGITAL line and wanted me to pay a cancellation fee of £30 for setting up an 18 month contract with landline over COPPER.

I said "No. I just want to take advantage of  your advertised offer - losing the COPPER connection and moving all to the FIBRE connection whilst retaining the existing landline phone number"

I was told that would not be possible - because I had two incoming connections - COPPER and FIBRE. But a colleague of mine living close by has a single TalkTalk COPPER connection and when he opted for the new deal - no problem.

So I appear to have three options and would like your comments:

1. Agree to the new contract with 500MB on the FIBRE data only line and landline phone on the COPPER line, or
  2. Argue the case with the full fibre sales team, or
  3. Cancel my current FIBRE contract, (which is well out of cancellation penalty period) and then apply to TalkTalk to get the new deal.

Can anyone see why OPTION 3 won't work??

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi  MrJFW

You have the  copper leave behind service at the moment, so you will  need to specifically ask for VIOP to be added to your package. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

As long as it was definitely part of the order with the Full Fibre, you should be able to use VOIP with your Talktalk phone number, @MrJFW.

Instructions are on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Digital-Voice-Adapter/ta-p/2815435

You'll see they say to get in touch if you need further help. Chat will be live from 9am.

Forum staff are not back before Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

MrJFW
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

Success!! 500Mbs upgraded and running superbly. Congratulations to the full fibre technical team. It took me three and a half hours, either on chat or on the phone, because when initially upgraded it was still stuck at 65Mbs.

The problem was with Openreach. But it was sorted overnight. Hooray!!

Next question: I was assured that I would be switched to VOIP AND would retain my number. How do I go about making that happen? Or do I just wait? I already have the Grandstream adaptor - TT supplied that two years back. I just want to plug my DECT system into the adaptor and GO as soon as possible

0 Likes

MrJFW
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Option 2 worked!

MrJFW
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Many thanks Gliwmaeden2 for that info. Sounds as if that is exactly what I should do

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

@MrJFW, the difference between you and your neighbour is that they didn't previously have a Full Fibre service. 

These deals are really designed for those who have never had Full Fibre before and so are being migrated onto it.

You can't be migrated because you are already effectively "there".

Probably the only way to keep your phone number with Talktalk on VOIP would be to cancel Full Fibre first.

Then a new order MUST include keeping your Talktalk phone number, and ASKING FOR THIS AT THE TIME OF ORDERING the new Full Fibre service. 

Then your FTTC service would be closed down as it would no longer be associated with a copper phone line.....

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Correct

0 Likes

Billx
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

So, you have 2 broadband contracts, one on the FTTC line and one on the Full Fibre line, both at the same address?

Which of the 2 has the contract come to an end?

You say you might cancel the FIBRE contract, but it seems you have 2 FIBRE contracts, 1 FTTC and 1 FTTH.

Billx

0 Likes