cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Sagecom router disconnecting iPhones randomly

Keykey
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi

My Sagecom router disconnects iPhones randomly. It can be cured by switching the WiFi toggle on the phone off and on

The broadband connection and speed remain normal during these episodes. Internet TV and internet music (Hardwired)continue to work during these disconnections. The router lights remain normal. My wife sitting beside me can be using her phone connected normally beside me.

Any solutions?

I googled it and switching WiFi optimisation off seems to be the solution but I wanted to double check

We currently have 25 things on the network 😬

Many thanks for your help

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Hi @Keykey 

Please get me the logs from the router as I requested in my last post.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Keykey
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

Hi

I rebooted both and it is still happening

I only managed to get into the router once and clicked the update firmware tab to find I needed an update file(which I didn’t have)

I then clicked another tab and it brought me back to the beginning and the vicious circle of never being able to access

Any ideas?

all the best

K

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

OK thanks Keykey. I can see Keith has kindly offered his assistance. Could you please try rebooting your router and the iPhone and then retest. Please let us know if this makes any difference

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

WiFi optimisation can change any wifi parameter on your router. When you have these outages, what happens to the light on the front, does remain solid white?

Please can you log into the router & get me the system log entries for the time period involved? To do this, go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Logs

If you prefer please feel free to PM them to me to preserve your privacy.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Thanks

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Keykey
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi Chris

It has worked pretty well before.

This started 6 months ago and does not coincide with anything new

It is very frustrating

All the best

Keith

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Keykey,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service, is this a problem that only developed recently? Has it worked OK in the past?

Chris

0 Likes