cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

TT ROUTER FAIL SAGEMCOM

PRM1945
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi. 

My router has gone to orange light status. 

I've tried a 20 min restart, factory reset, replaced & checked filter & all connections. 

I have connected a spare router that luckily gives ethernet cable connection but wifi not working & shows as disabled on the 191....GUI router control site.

I have contacted TT help chat but after about 3 hours & 4 different chat operators & conducting the same "tests" I've been offered an faster fibre upgrade, an engineer visit or I can buy a new router. 

The router must be 5 years old & it surely can't be unusual for them to fail at this age? 

What obligation do TT have to provide a router to access their service? They don't seem keen to provide me with a working one. I do seem to remember having to pay £30 for the upgrade last time. 

Help !!

Regards Al. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @PRM1945 

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I've sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie, 

New equipment arrived this morning. 

All up & running. 

Now to reconnect all devices!

Thanks for your prompt help & assistance. 

Regards. 

Paul.  

Message 3 of 9

Hi Michelle.

New equipment arrived this morning. 

All up & running. 

Now to reconnect all devices!

Thanks for your prompt help & assistance. 

Regards. 

Paul.  

Message 4 of 9

Good afternoon,

We'll check back in with you in a few days to see how you're getting on 🙂

Michelle

Message 5 of 9

Thank you for your help. x

Message 6 of 9

Hi @AJM1969 

Sorry for the delay.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

PRM1945
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Thanks Keith. 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and replace it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?