cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

No Internet TS26

Duncs1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Anyone else in the Hartlepool area lost all service?

Duncan Frost
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hello,

Thank you. I've passed this straight to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Duncs1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 20

Done.....an engineer is supposed to be coming by 1pm. I'm having to work from another location, my wife has heard nothing. Assuming the engineer doesn't need house access how do we know he has actually been?

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear that this is still happening.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • TalkTalk Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Michelle,

Once again I have no service.

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

I understand you are trying to help. I have just come home and once again I have no service. I have now powered everything off, will give it 30 minutes.

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hello,

Sorry my bad, my colleague has raised an incident for this issue with the security tab and we're just awaiting an update on this. I'll check back in with you in the morning if that's ok to see if this is still happening of an evening and we'll also confirm once this incident has been resolved.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 7 of 20

Hi Keith,

Not had a drop in service so the circumstances have yet to recreate themselves

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Michelle,

If this is under the My security tab, even though I'm logged in it tells me I'm not authorised to view it.

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 20

Hi @Duncs1 

I am trying to help you, what was the result of the test that I asked you to complete?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi again,

Ok thanks for confirming. Could you log into your My Account to check to see if HomeSafe or Kidsafe is set to block access at specific times please?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Michelle,

This did not happen Sunday night, so thus far Friday and Saturday evening, both times around 8.30pm, both times downtime was around 30 minutes.

My greater concern is the complete inability of your tech support to understand the problem. In 7 months only 1 person has managed to provide actual help. At this point I'm going to raise yet another complaint then escalate to CICAS.

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Did this also happen last night? What time does this seem to be happening please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 20

I didn't say it was the router at all. I too think it is fibre related, as I said. Hence why I asked you to turn the ONT off for a full 30 mins & then once it is back up, connect a PC/laptop or other wired device directly to the Ethernet port of the ONT, in place of the router. Does that one device work OK to the internet at that point?

Then depending on the result of that, this will prove if it is a fibre issue or not.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Thanks for that, listen when they started banging on about router firmware I knew they were not comprehending the issue. My only issue with your advice is I don't think it's router related because the service light goes out on the ONT which suggests to me no signal at all coming into the house. Having said that I'll wait 8.30pm with baited breath to see if it happens for a third night running and follow your instructions.

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

The service centre is giving you poor advice, forget the router at the moment. Just turn the ONT off for a full 30 mins & then once it is back up, connect a PC/laptop or other wired device directly to the Ethernet port of the ONT, in place of the router. Does that one device work OK to the internet at that point? If it does, there is nothing wrong with the fibre & then we need to turn our attention to the router. If it doesn't then the problem is with the fibre.

When I know the answer to that question, then if necessary, I will escalate this to the TalkTalk support staff on this forum. They are all based in the UK & do not work to scripts.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi Keith, not for 30 minutes but I have powered off and on. Outage both nights has been around 30 minutes.

I had a live chat with tech support but they don't understand, they want me to factory reset the router so it updates firmware. But a) my TV has a wired connection so would be unaffected by WiFi issues and b) the service light on the fibre box goes out.

If you are suggesting powering off the fibre box could it suggest a fault there? It's just odd it's happening at the same time roughly each night.

TalkTalk suggested I call when it happens.....except they are closed.

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 20

That sounds like a fibre issue then, have you tried turning everything off for at least 30 mins?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

The service light on the wall mounted fibre box is off. The router has a steady white light but that just tells me the wireless is working, it just has nothing to broadcast.

Duncan Frost
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Which make/model of router do you have & what is the exact state of the light(s) on it?

Keith

0 Likes