cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Sagemcom FAST 5364-3.00 Router Firmware Update Request

aa2000
Enlightened One
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 35 of 35

Can I please request that an OCE updates my Router firmware to the latest version? It is currently on version SG4K100136.    Many thanks.

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Hi aa2000,

There a problem at the moment with auto update and manually update is only working intermittently (very intermittently). Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon

Chris

Message 2 of 35

Unfortunately the replacement router did not auto-update to the latest firmware version overnight as I expected.  It is still on version SG4K100136.    Seems like something is blocking the auto updates (and even manual updates) on my connection?   Could this be looked into please?  Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Message 4 of 35

Ok thanks Chris, in that case will wait for the returns bag to arrive.  😊

Message 5 of 35

Hi aa2000,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear that the new router appears to have resolved the problem. (I did order a returns bag so it should be with you with a few days)

Chris

Message 6 of 35

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk , test router has arrived, is set up and appears to be running sweetly so far.  Firmware version is SG4K100136 but I guess that will auto-update overnight?  Will continue to monitor over next 24-48 hours.  

There wasn't a returns bag sent with package, but Delivery Note advises option of taking old device to a local recycling centre, which I plan to do. 

Message 7 of 35

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

Message 8 of 35

OK, no problem, I'll order the router now 

Chris

Message 9 of 35

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk .   After monitoring yesterday and also this morning, I am still seeing some no throughput errors, so would like to take you up on your offer of a replacement router test.   Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 35
0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Thanks, will do.  

0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

Thanks. Could you monitor over the next 24 hours and let us know if you experience any further 'no throughput' issues. The 30 minute shutdown forces the start of a new session which does fix a lot of issues. If the problem continues we can send another router out to test with

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Yes @Chris-TalkTalk , I tried that test at the back end of last year and the intermittent dialling issue still occurred.  I didn't report the issue as was only happening every now and then, and without any discernable pattern.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Have you tried connecting you router to the test socket (if you have one) - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Yes correct. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 35

OK thanks. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you just have the router and one telephone connected?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

No @Chris-TalkTalk , no noise on line but sometimes intermittently when I dial a number from my dect phone presets, rather than the number starting the ringing sequence, I get returned to dial tone, requiring me to redial the number.  This issue pre-dates my ownership of the router though.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

I've run a line test, it's not picking up any issues, sync speed is good and connection appears to be very stable. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Ok @Chris-TalkTalk , I use mostly laptop hard wired to router and that's where I notice it, literally split second no throughput where a page refresh subsequently finds the wanted page. It's been happening since this router was replaced in last year.  Have not noticed any throughput issues when, for example, streaming on tv. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

OK thanks. Do you experience no throughput on more than one device at the same time? Are both wired and wireless devices affected?

Chris

0 Likes