cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Sagemcom-FAST5364 Dropping Wifi

Rob1973
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I've got a problem with my Sagemcom-FAST5364 dropping the WiFi connection intermittently.

It's been getting worse over the last few weeks to the point where it's now happening several times a day.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Rob

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let me know.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 13

That's good to hear, just one thing to be aware of, if you ever perform a factory reset of the router, or if the router gets a firmware update, that can switch the Wi-Fi Optimisation back on again. If that does happen then you can just post back here and ask the support team to disable it again.

Message 3 of 13

Hi,

I'm cautiously optimistic that may have worked. The WiFi connection has been stable all over the weekend with no dropouts.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the days and weeks ahead, but in the meantime, many thanks.

Rob

Message 4 of 13

Hi Rob1973

I have switched the WIFI optimisation off, please can you try a few different wireless channels and let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Ok, might be good if the support team here can disable Wi-Fi optimisation on the router when they return tomorrow, as that will allow you to select a different channel, and it should then stay on that channel without reverting back to 1.

Message 6 of 13

I had a play around with the channels throughout the day and it didn't seem to make any difference.  It did keep reverting to channel 1 though automatically.

Thanks for your help so far.

Rob
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Ok, so the router is not losing its connection to the internet, so it may just be an issue with your routers Wi-Fi signal, therefore it would be worth looking into the channels as mentioned in my initial reply.

If that doesn't help then that may indicate an issue with the router itself, the support team here would be able to help if that is the case.

Message 8 of 13

It stays solid white.

Rob
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

Does the LED on the router remain solid white when you have these issues, or does it go out and then flash amber / white ?

Message 10 of 13

It's only wireless. There are no wired connections.

Rob
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Rob1973

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Just to confirm, is it only the wireless that's dropping? Do you have any wired connections?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 13

Hi @Rob1973,

You could try changing the channels that your router broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal on, you can use free smartphone Apps like this to see what channels are being used within range of your smartphone, you can then change your router to use channels that are the least congested.

The Sagemcom router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation', this means it can change the Wi-Fi channel itself, overriding what you have set it to, it can randomly do this after minutes, hours or days !. So if you do find a channel that works well, but then things go bad again, check to see if the router has changed channel to something different to what you set it to. If you do experience this problem then just post back here to ask the Support Team to disable the 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' on your router, once that is done it will stay on whatever channel you set it to.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to assist you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR add your account number to the ‘private notes’ section if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.