cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Shell Migration Team or TalkTalk support line hangs up on all options

eddiecya
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I've tried all manner of means to try and resolve a niggly broadband connection but I haven't the time to sit for 2 hours on an online chat etc to try and get my line stabilised. The text service was helpful but they gave up stating as I was a shell customer I had to call the migration team but on trying all the options on the line every option just tells me that my call is to be dropped and then it does. I had no trouble logging a fault two weeks ago when my line was broken on a tree but since open reach attended and replaced a section of the line exterior to my home every time the wind blows up the red light on the router likes to go on and off and that starts the yelling from the kids watching youtube. Done all the usual - router plugged directly into the test socket after a period of 30 minutes powered off - I'm convinced the connection boxes the open reach engineer added either end of the new section of line are to blame for a dicky connection but convincing talk talk I need a return visit of the open reach engineer is near on impossible.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Staff are on here daytime, Monday to Friday, @eddiecya.

Usually for issues for former Shell customers are asked to speak to the Shell Migration team on 03451 720088 (open 9am - 7pm).

Worth waiting to see if they can organise an engineer for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

eddiecya
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Tried the online chat and after waiting for a response from a human for an hour and ten minutes I got someone that didn't understand that the DSL was going up and down and wanted to go down the route of trouble shooting the wifi. What utter incompetence of TalkTalk to train and provide customer service representatives capable of closing fault tickets. Am I in the wrong in thinking that staff should be able to recognise that the issue isn't wifi if the routers DSL light goes red indicating an issue maintaining a connection to the ISP.

Either way there goes another evening where I had to give up on TalkTalks support chat given I repeatedly told the representative my time was limited and I had to leave as they dragged out asking me the stupidest of questions and pausing for extended periods to state useless information everytime I pressed the support representative to hurry up and get on with there script. to stall and make the process more infuriating. For instance between asking the question "Do you have any active monitoring for life threatening health reasons which is solely dependant upon your TalkTalk Broadband or Telephone line?
For example a care alarm, lifeline, health pendant or fall detector." and the question "Does the problem occur everywhere you try and use the WiFi, or just in certain parts of the house - for example upstairs, or outside the house?" seven minutes passed. and we had a conversation on speeding up in that time and the service representative used that time to send pointless messages instead of thinking hey maybe I should speed up here as this person has indicated several times they need to leave but n the representative decided to slow down and send pointless statements - I have a sneaking suspicion this was done on purpose and is likely something quite a few staff do as I've tried multiped times to get this issue resolve and its the same dragged out attitude from the support staff. I really wish I could just exit the contract with TalkTalk more or less breaching their side of the contract given the lack of consistent service. Really want to go back to Onestream or Plusnet as their support was so much better.

All I need is an open reach engineer to physically crimp the connections a bit better but at this point I'm ready to go get a ladder and go up the pole myself and have a crack at it. Quite sure I'd have a better chance of resolving the issue myself compared to TalkTalks offering of first line technical support.

0 Likes