cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Talktalk Router

Deputy_Dog
Chatterbox
Private Message
Private Message

Message 6 of 6

Why is a legitimate post I made marked as spam?? It has failed to show up as a post in the forum. How am I supposed to check on the progress of the help request.

Link to post: (Talk Talk Router)
by Deputy_Dog

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Talk-Talk-Router/m-p/2988291#M381108

I have just setup my sagemcom fast 5364 from talktalk. However when I went to check the router is running correctly with the lastest firmware on my talktalk account page it reports a message saying: 'We’re sorry, we can’t identify your router or it’s software version.'. Leaving me to think I may not have the latest updates for the router. I have checked the connections on the router an it is as the setup instructions indicate. My internet connection is working fine and had no problems connecting devices. However if the router is not running the latest updates I may be missing some functions.

This message has 0 replies

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Good morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Thanks

Deputy_Dog
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Update:

It appears you were correct and the router has been recognised and confirmed it is up to date. Thanks for the assurance and help.

Deputy_Dog
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for the quick replies. I will wait a few days and report back on the outcome if the router has been recognised.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Router identification in your account can sometimes take a few days and any firmware updates will happen overnight.

If it is all working properly just be patient.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Nobody put it in containment, @Deputy_Dog, it would be something in the message that triggered some algorithms.

I've reinstated it for you.

Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details because that's the only way staff can identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; add your TT telephone number or account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES.

Note to staff: PMs need to be enabled for this customer. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.