cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Ultra-Fast Broadband

Lambert
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi. I'm on the Fibre 65 package but my line is only capable of providing up to 42 Mbps which suits my needs. I've had a letter from Fibre Heroes who are installing Ultra-Fast Broadband in my street. It seems that BT buried their phone lines in our street instead of running them through ducts so Fibre Hereos will have to erect poles and run overhead cables so that people can connect to ultra-fast fibre broadband if they want to. They also say that the existing copper line phone network will be cut off at the end of 2025 meaning no phone or internet connection. Have TalkTalk issued any guidance about this? The Fibre Hereos website has links to several providers of the Ultra-Fast Broadband service who I've never heard of and who charge more than double for what I'm paying now for speeds I don't need. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

You will be contacted in advance once there is a confirmed date for the copper services to be removed and when full fibre has been completed and is available to order. The service wouldn't just be cut off without contact first and also without providing you with a replacement option.

Thanks

0 Likes

Lambert
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Future fibre isn't available to me as the infrastructure to provide it hasn't been installed in my street yet but is available elsewhere in my area. I was asking if  TalkTalk have issued any guidance with our existing phone and broadband connection due to be cut off at the end of 2025. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hello,

Does Future Fibre currently show as available if you check under offers and upgrades in your My Account? Eventually copper services will be phased out and will be replaced by full fibre.

Thanks

0 Likes

Lambert
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

The letter from Full Fibre Ltd refers to Ultra-Fast Broadband and then full fibre broadband. It concerns the provision of fibre optic cables to serve our street ready for those who wish to connect to it. The letter says that the copper network will be decommisioned by the middle of the decade.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

Can I just confirm, does this refer to Future Fibre? Eventually copper voice services will be replaced by VOIP so calls will be made over the internet by connecting a phone to a VOIP router or with a digital voice adapter. 

Thanks

0 Likes