cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Very low upload speeds

MariusS
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hello, I have the Fibre package (76mbps download and 20mbps upload) and for the past few days my upload speeds are very bad.

Download speed seems ok around 70mbps but upload speed is below 1mbps ( 0.2mbps actually). 

My router is getting 80mbps download and 20mbps upload on WIFI HUB but all my devices are far from 20mbps upload ( less than 1mbps upload), ethernet cable or WIFI.

Contacted technical department for support and they reset my router to factory settings (twice in 2 days) and it didn't help at all just made me loose all my router configurations...

I was also told by the technical department that my network was congested and they changed the channel twice with no luck. Now I'm waiting for new router but I think it will not make any difference as I have a different router at home and tried that with same results, download speeds at 70mbps and upload less than 1bmps... I tried changing the cables that go to router from the socket and same results....

My main device is connect through ethernet cable (desktop windows 11) and all other devices connect via WIFI (phones, laptops and printer). I was told to check if my device having the issues is up to date and they all are. If one of my devices had the issues I could blame the device, but no matter the device or type of connection I have same issue in all of them, low upload speed.

Even my mobile data has better upload speed at the moment 6mbps...

Tried everything I could think of, disconnecting all my other devices from router, restart router, reset router, network congested as mentioned above, channel changed twice and still having the same issue.

Yes I know I need to wait for the new router, but honestly I think it will not make any difference as I tried 2 different routers and got same results and with these upload speed I can only watch movies (Netflix and similar services work ok) but I need at least 5mbps upload to do my stuff and I'm paying for 20mbps not 0.02....

If router doesn't make any changes I'm sure they will need to send an engineer and it will take another week.

Anyone had any issues like this before?

I know it's a pointless post, but want to hear from you if you had any similar situation, what was the issue and how it got fixed.

Thanks in advice.

Screenshot 2024-08-18 172853.png
M.S
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

No problem 🙂 We're here if you need us 🙂

Michelle

Message 2 of 10

I'll monitor the speeds for the next few days and if they change I'll find out very quickly as I play online games and if the upload speeds are below 5mbps it's impossible to play 😆

Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help, Michelle.

M.S
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂 If the upload throughput speeds do drop again then please let us know as this could indicate a potential issue with the router.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Some good news finally, just run couple tests after leaving rounter powered off for over 30min and the speeds are back.

Wired test picture below ( sorry for bad quality as I took a quick picture of the PC screen)

Wireless speeds also good (dark background pic)

Let's hope they stay this way.

Untitled design (1).pngUntitled design (2).png
M.S
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Yes please if that's ok, as this will just rule out any wireless issues.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

It was a wifi test on my phone (s24 ultra) with only the testing device connected to router. I'll turn on my desktop really quick and try to do a wired test

M.S
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. Was this test done today, completed wired with only the one device connected to the line?

Michelle

0 Likes

MariusS
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hello Michelle, 

Thanks for replying, yes I already tried that and nothing changed.

Just done some testing today and unfortunately the issue of low upload speeds remains.

Here are the results of last test 👇

Untitled design.png
M.S
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Good morning,

Thanks for your post. I've run a test on your line now which hasn't detected a fault and the upload sync speed looks very consistent. Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retested the speed again as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speeds?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes