cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wifi Extender

opticfibre
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

TT provided me with a Wifi Booster Sagemcom Fast 266 because of a history of dropouts.  It worked initially, although it didn't solve my broadband problems.  

TT have subsequently provided me with a replacement Sagemcom router which I have installed and is working, but now the wifi booster isn't working!  The instructions say to bring it close to the router, connect to the mains then wait one minute for the central LED starts flashing Red.  Well, when I switch it on the left hand LED is white, then after a few seconds the central LED comes on Red, but never flashes.

So I am unable to pair it with the new router.  Any suggestions, please?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi opticfibre

I'm glad to hear that this is now working.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

YES!!  Thank you, I gave it the pin-hole treatment, and now I've got the White-Green-White LEDs on solid!  Thank you both, I should have thought of that, it might be a useful thing to put in the Booster set-up Guide.

Message 3 of 9

Yes, I think that's a good call, if they worked OK with the old router then I can't see any reason why they should now be experiencing problems

Chris

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

My only thought now is pin-hole-reset (next to the power cord) the extender / booster to clear any traces of the original pairing.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

And just to confirm, the extenders were working OK with the old router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Chris, yes I've followed the steps as far as possible, but where it says "Open your web browser and go to the URL printed on the back of your Wi-Fi Extender"     there is no URL on the back of the Sagemcom Fast 266.

And in answer to Aldridge Andy, yes I've followed the instructions which says to press the Router WPS for 3 secs, then the booster WPS.  But at Step 1 the central LED never does flash Red, only a solid Red.  So I haven't even got to Step 2.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi opticfibre,

I'm sorry to hear that your're experiencing problems with the wifi extender - just to confirm, have you tried all the troubleshooting steps in the following help article - About the Wi-Fi Extender Kit - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

AldridgeAndy
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Have you pressed the WPS buttons on both devices to reinitiate the pairing process?

0 Likes